FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Travel Tools (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travel-tools-701/)
-   -   Airline Route Mapper tool (windows based) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travel-tools/759472-airline-route-mapper-tool-windows-based.html)

SQFAN Oct 6, 2008 5:12 pm

cockpitvisit, many thanks for this useful tool.^ :-:

A tip for users without the middle mouse scroll button: In firefox, just use ctrl + to zoom in.

ralfp Oct 6, 2008 5:28 pm

The program has YNZ in the East Sea/Sea of Japan between Korea & Japan. gc.kls2.com is guilty of this too. I believe it's actually at 33d22N 120d21E (not an aircraft carrier at 35N 130E). :)

dfbgn Nov 3, 2008 1:50 pm

improvement needed

Cockpitvisit, many thanks, this is such a life-saver tool!^
Unfortunately, on my laptop PC, the pop-up window showing an airport and the corresponding airlines has text in white over a light background, so it is not legible at all (it is in black over a light background in your screenshot).
Is there a fix?
Regards
DFB

CApreppie Nov 3, 2008 2:08 pm

Great application! Kudos

dfbgn Nov 3, 2008 3:26 pm

color, map definition problems

Cockpitvisit,
I think most problems would be resolved if the program was actually installed on a computer as opposed to simply executed.
What do you reckon? Possible?

dfbgn Nov 3, 2008 4:21 pm

color problem

Hi Cockpitvisit,
In case this helps you with the color problem: the cities are green dots, but when I put the cursor on one, they all turn yellow as the pop-up windows appears in white on off-white.
Seems like a display adapter problem (Intel).... I do not have the problem on my desktop (Nvidia)....
I have tried to play with compatibility run modes, to no avail.
I have played with the settings of my graphic card as well, to no avail.
What a pity!
( I also have the problem of the land map disappearing in maximized window mode; only city dots remain...)
DFB

cockpitvisit Nov 4, 2008 12:13 am

Originally Posted by dfbgn (Post 10623189)
Cockpitvisit, many thanks, this is such a life-saver tool!^
Unfortunately, on my laptop PC, the pop-up window showing an airport and the corresponding airlines has text in white over a light background, so it is not legible at all (it is in black over a light background in your screenshot).

Could you please download and try this version:
http://arm.64hosts.com/AirlineRouteMapperTEST1.zip

Unzip it into the folder where you have Airline Route Mapper installed, overwriting the old EXE file.

If the problem remains, try enabling View|Opaque Tooltips and restarting the application.

I also have the problem of the land map disappearing in maximized window mode
If you drag the map around or change the zoom factor, does it reappear?

kaka Nov 4, 2008 2:31 am

i wish i could give a coment on that.. when are you gonna put on a mac version? :) Thanks

cockpitvisit Nov 5, 2008 10:32 am

Maybe there will be a Java version in the future that runs on a mac too, but not very soon.

cockpitvisit Nov 5, 2008 10:34 am

New update available

I have uploaded a new version today. Changes are:

The route maps have been updated to reflect November 2008.

The types of aircraft used to serve routes are now shown in the tooltip. You can also restrict the display of routes to those only served by specific aircraft type(s).

Option to disable transparency in tooltips added for troubleshooting.

CApreppie Nov 5, 2008 8:51 pm

It is addictive.

caesar04 Nov 10, 2008 7:49 am

Doesn't work maximized

OP, this is a wonderful tool! However, I just put the latest version (1.2.0.0) on my main box at home (Vista x64, Radeon 4850 with Catalyst 8.10 drivers running at 2560x1600 on a 30" screen) and everything works great until I maximize the application. At that point both the sea and the land becomes white, i.e. disappears, all I see is the green dots with black borders in a sea of white. The routes and tooltips display fine. I tried the disable transparent tooltips option and it makes no difference.

Please PM me if you would like me to help you track this bug down.

Caesar

abebix Nov 10, 2008 7:40 pm

cockpitvisit, Thanks for the great tool! I am running a Mac with a virtual Windows environment on it, and it works like a charm!

steex Nov 17, 2008 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by cockpitvisit (Post 10647722)
I have uploaded a new version today. Changes are:

The route maps have been updated to reflect November 2008.

This continues to be a great tool, thanks for the update!

Just as an FYI for your next update, Porter Airlines has its routes and aircraft reflected under its PD code, but the PD code shows a name of "Palau Micronesia Air" rather than Porter.

willmurray Nov 19, 2008 11:54 am

This is a very handy tool indeed, and I have used it in ernest recently on trips with work.

Thanks for your hard work cockpitvisit in creating it.