pointsyeah.com: Free All-in-One Points Travel Planning / Award Search Tool

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

pointsyeah.com: Free All-in-One Points Travel Planning / Award Search Tool

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2023, 2:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Plat, HHonor Diamond, Hyatt PLAT, Marriott PLat, UA 1K, AA EXP, DL PLAT, BMI Gold, Co PLAT
Originally Posted by zkzkz
There seem to be a lot of these award search sites popping up...

But any possibility of getting Avios (Aer Lingus) or BA searches? These both have very restrictive availability and their search engines are really awful so it would be very helpful.
someday in the future. trust me on that

Originally Posted by flyingx
They all seem to have the same availability (and lack of availability). Any idea where the underlying points data is coming from?
hah! good question, won't say too much behind the scene story, but what I can say for now

1 There should be no more(many things changed in the past 3 months, without being expected though)
2 you will see the result availability/speed/program partners very different one site to another soon, if you look now, it is already big difference. Hint: look on result and speed from UA/AC/KL(AF)/VS/QF, and total number of flights on the left

Last edited by TWA884; Aug 9, 2023 at 4:27 pm Reason: Merge consecutive posts by the same member; please use the multi-quote function. Thank you.
Old Aug 12, 2023, 7:36 am

Originally Posted by yyliu88
someday in the future. trust me on that
And incidentally, you might think having Qantas or AA would suffice but it's really not the same. There are often EI flights available on Avios that are not listed on BA's site or the other partners. And there are often connections offered on BA that aren't on Avios (though with outrageous fees so...)
Old Aug 15, 2023, 9:52 pm

I have tried this and it's been great. I particular like the fact that it doesn't restrict any dates into the future, and it has a good multidate search function, which is always handy.
Wondering what is the setting it apart from other award search tools like seat.aero, etc. Want to make sure I am taking full advantage of it.
Old Aug 21, 2023, 1:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Plat, HHonor Diamond, Hyatt PLAT, Marriott PLat, UA 1K, AA EXP, DL PLAT, BMI Gold, Co PLAT
Originally Posted by zkzkz
And incidentally, you might think having Qantas or AA would suffice but it's really not the same. There are often EI flights available on Avios that are not listed on BA's site or the other partners. And there are often connections offered on BA that aren't on Avios (though with outrageous fees so...)
No, I never thought having AA or QF is enough, it is one of primary reason of building this tool as partner no longer sharing inventory like it used to be 20-15-10-5 years ago. That is also reason why, we only show real time result, not assuming if A has seats, you can use B to redeem
so stay tuned for Avios
Old Aug 21, 2023, 1:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by airgeekjx
I have tried this and it's been great. I particular like the fact that it doesn't restrict any dates into the future, and it has a good multidate search function, which is always handy.
Wondering what is the setting it apart from other award search tools like seat.aero, etc. Want to make sure I am taking full advantage of it.
seat.aero and us are different type of product, they are more like explore function of airfare search site. You don't know, where and when you are going, but want to go selected destinations

US is just a real time search all programs all routes, you know where are you going, hah

Last edited by yyliu88; Aug 21, 2023 at 2:20 am
Old Aug 22, 2023, 7:50 pm

I believe they have point-to-point search as well but the date range is limited.
Old Aug 24, 2023, 7:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by airgeekjx
I believe they have point-to-point search as well but the date range is limited.
and routes are limited too with seats.aero. we are pure open search engine, in the end, it is two different type of product(at least for now)
Old Aug 28, 2023, 3:47 am
Original Poster

Another Update: you can search round trip with same speed now
Old Sep 1, 2023, 2:29 pm

Very odd results. Searching one-way, First class. SJD - ALB on June 8th, 2024
Only shows Aeromexico and Delta airlines. Nothing for UA/AA, etc.
Old Sep 4, 2023, 5:31 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hurnik
Very odd results. Searching one-way, First class. SJD - ALB on June 8th, 2024
Only shows Aeromexico and Delta airlines. Nothing for UA/AA, etc.
Because UA/AA coded as Business for this route, only Delta coded as mixed of F/C, so if you search F only, then only delta shows

Last edited by yyliu88; Sep 4, 2023 at 5:37 am
Old Sep 4, 2023, 5:34 am
Original Poster

ADD: Turkish airlines
Old Sep 4, 2023, 11:26 am

Great tool! Any way to get more then three days in the future?
Old Sep 5, 2023, 9:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flyer.yvr
Great tool! Any way to get more then three days in the future?
it's final countdown
Old Sep 6, 2023, 12:19 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Excellent tool, have been using it a lot. The alerts helped me find 2 J flights to Asia so far.

Any chance of adding flights bookable using ANA miles? I know they have a RT requirement to book, but being able to see individual flights without going to their convoluted website would be very helpful.
Old Sep 8, 2023, 6:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by italdesign
Excellent tool, have been using it a lot. The alerts helped me find 2 J flights to Asia so far.

Any chance of adding flights bookable using ANA miles? I know they have a RT requirement to book, but being able to see individual flights without going to their convoluted website would be very helpful.
Thanks for loving us, glad to hear we work out well for your Asia trip! To tell you the truth, for ANA, no, not until they can support one way. I can not think of any other program still has R/T requirement, hah

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.