FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Travel Tools (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travel-tools-701/)
-   -   CheckMyTrip (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travel-tools/1650223-checkmytrip.html)

percysmith Mar 7, 2023 6:59 pm

Originally Posted by alfrie (Post 35069762)
I also got this 'Oops'. Thought it was because my CheckMyTrip email did not match the booking's. I then updated the email in the booking, but the problem did not go away.

I tried forwarding i) CX confirmation email and ii) CX e-ticket to [email protected] for a booking that I can actually add by PNR directly into CheckMyTrip (removed from my account for the purpose of the test). Both were ‘Oops’ rejected by checkmytrip.com

Adam1222 Mar 10, 2023 7:44 am

Has anyone found a good replacement app (free or paid) for Android? I had relied on Checkmytrip for schedule changes in particular. Flightly is only available for iOS alas.

Marschel Mar 10, 2023 7:50 am

Originally Posted by Adam1222 (Post 35076597)
Flightly is only available for iOS alas.

flighty isn’t even a replacement app on iOS.

percysmith Mar 10, 2023 10:56 am

One half-satisfying solution is to use the wife's CX's Manage My Booking to track my own flights.
Most of my itineraries include her.
Most of those itineraries are redemption on airlines who use Amadeus.

So by coding her CX as FFP (which I do, she does not have status of her own and does not chase status), I generally get to see my own bookings.

This doesn't work on JAL, my own FQTS. I don't think this effectively works on BA either.

TravelingZoomer Mar 10, 2023 4:53 pm

Welp, I would always use this app to get the AA/AS PNR booking with Avios. Now it’s effectively useless just regurgitating information I already know

EuroFlash Mar 19, 2023 2:09 pm

What on earth went through their minds when “updating” this app by stripping every possible useful feature.

It was a very useful app, but they turned it into utter [redacted]. Might as well delete it.

Adam1222 Mar 19, 2023 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by EuroFlash (Post 35100257)
What on earth went through their minds when “updating” this app by stripping every possible useful feature.

It was a very useful app, but they turned it into utter [redacted]. Might as well delete it.

Given the thousands of negative responses and the amount of time that's passed, it seems they've missed an opportunity to just revert to the old version and spend time fixing this before re-launching it. I can't understand who on their product team came up with this and how this made it out the door

Keter Mar 20, 2023 7:40 am

Be sure to add your feedback to Play Store or similar, a lot of one starred comments might become useful.

greg5 Mar 20, 2023 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by Adam1222 (Post 35100660)
Given the thousands of negative responses and the amount of time that's passed, it seems they've missed an opportunity to just revert to the old version and spend time fixing this before re-launching it. I can't understand who on their product team came up with this and how this made it out the door

"Minimum Viable Product".

flyer.123 Mar 20, 2023 2:45 pm

CheckMyTrip Benefit

Hi all, I am new to checkmytrip.

What is the benefit of using checkmytrip rather than finding the trip on the airline's direct website?

Adam1222 Mar 20, 2023 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by flyer.123 (Post 35103235)
Hi all, I am new to checkmytrip.

What is the benefit of using checkmytrip rather than finding the trip on the airline's direct website?

There no longer is any

Adam1222 Mar 20, 2023 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by greg5 (Post 35102806)

It cost a lot of money to come up with this version, so I don't think its a cost savings.

percysmith Mar 20, 2023 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by flyer.123 (Post 35103235)

Originally Posted by Adam1222 (Post 35103246)
There no longer is any

That precisely is Amadeus's business objective.

greg5 Mar 22, 2023 2:12 am

Originally Posted by Adam1222 (Post 35103250)
It cost a lot of money to come up with this version, so I don't think its a cost savings.

Originally Posted by greg5 (Post 35102806)

"Minimum Viable Product" is a term from the Agile/Scrum methodology in IT. The idea is that you start out by delivering the minimum that is viable, and add features based on customer requirements from there. I would say that the BA iPad app is a victim of this as well.

percysmith Mar 22, 2023 2:30 am

Originally Posted by greg5 (Post 35107123)
"Minimum Viable Product" is a term from the Agile/Scrum methodology in IT. The idea is that you start out by delivering the minimum that is viable, and add features based on customer requirements from there. I would say that the BA iPad app is a victim of this as well.

Which customer. In Amadeus’s view, we passengers aren’t paying for it. And I doubt we’d be profitable even if we are.