Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Tools
Reload this Page >

Free Service to Keep Track of Flight History?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Free Service to Keep Track of Flight History?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2013, 11:37 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA *S, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Exp, IHG Plat, National EE, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
I'm involved with a new one that is rolling out soon. Right now it's still alpha (beta is coming soon), but any flyertalkers who would like to mess around with it and offer feedback, be my guest. For now, use flytr.com as the URL, once we have the beta tweaked a bit a packaged app will be available in the app store, etc...PM me if you have any questions/comments.
I too am interested in trying this out and providing feedback as you work to get this off the ground (pun intended). But, as others mentioned there does not seem to be a "sign up" link. I see "sign in" and the FB connect button, but no regular sign up.

Good luck with the project...
Old Mar 3, 2014, 6:11 pm

Programs: United MP Silver, Club Carlson Gold, SW CP, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Choice Priv Gold, SPG Gold
Flight History Log for Future Flight?

I'm looking for a flight history (ala FlightStats.com Event Log) for a flight outside of +- 2 days from now.

For example. 6 months ago, I looked at UA5807 for April 4, 2014. Today, I see it again and think the time changed, but not sure. Is there an event log that will show me if/when the schedule changed? Or when the flight # came into existence? Or if it once existed, but was cancelled at a certain date?
Old Jun 27, 2014, 11:38 am

How to keep a history of all my flights

Hi all,

I was wondering if there is an app or website that keeps track of all my previous flights? Like, I want to be able to see where I've traveled to for the past year(~30+ flights).

Are there any free sites that can track this? I don't really want to input all the flights in manually as well...would they be able to just access my email and look at all "itineraries" and compile it on a map or spreadsheet?

Just wondering.
Old Jun 27, 2014, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
You do not want to be giving third parties access to your email. That's an incredibly bad idea.

If your apathy regarding inputting data outweighs your desire to keep a record, then don't read any further.

http://flightdiary.net/
http://www.flightmemory.com/
http://www.ba97.com/ba97/calendar/help/help_home.html

This sounds like it would have been more your kind of thing

http://flyingfrom.to/
Old Jun 27, 2014, 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by irishguy28
You do not want to be giving third parties access to your email. That's an incredibly bad idea.

If your apathy regarding inputting data outweighs your desire to keep a record, then don't read any further.

http://flightdiary.net/
http://www.flightmemory.com/
http://www.ba97.com/ba97/calendar/help/help_home.html

This sounds like it would have been more your kind of thing

http://flyingfrom.to/
Thank You. I will look into all the sites you provided.
Old Jun 27, 2014, 12:10 pm
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
http://openflights.org/
Old Jun 27, 2014, 12:39 pm

Programs: AS 100K, UA MM, AA MM, IC Plat Amb, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist
There might be a shortcut if you're willing to experiment:
  1. You can forward your flight confirmation emails to TripIt, and TripIt will parse the flight information from each email into separate trips.
  2. You can use OpenFlights to import the flights directly from TripIt, and OpenFlights will generate maps and statistics using this data.
The caveat is that TripIt is primarily used for parsing confirmations from future trips, and I'm not sure if/how TripIt handles parsing confirmations from trips that occurred in the past. If it works, the worst case scenario is probably that it gets the year wrong, and you would have to fix that manually.
Old Jun 29, 2014, 6:22 am

Programs: SK *G, A3B
I've been using TripIt for as long as I've been a frequent flyer. Recently I wanted to check how far I've traveled alltogether and logged in. To my disappointment the km were extremely low. I then realised TripIt only keep itinaries from the past 2 years. Signing up for FlightDiary seemed wise to me, but upon discovering I have 10 years of travel to manually register, I'm now in the same boat as OP. There has to be a tool combining the simplicity of forwarding emails and the statistical need to store that info for eternity. If not, I'm going to wait for it. Or hire an intern..
Old Jul 7, 2014, 1:08 pm

see my post here. you might find it interesting

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...k-fun-app.html
Old Jul 11, 2014, 3:31 am

Programs: FB Platinum for Life; BAEC Gold Guest List; Accor Gold.
As posted here, there are a number of different sites that offer flight logging/mapping services, many of which are free (or have free options).

Each site has its relative strengths and weaknesses: "flightmemory.com" was the first I found/used and is, IMO, still the most reliable and robust of those listed (so far) in this thread. It's even nicer if you sign up for the "Premium" option (a few bucks per year).

"openflights.org" has some nice options (adding train/bus/ship segments, for example) but the user interface is very clunky; and it also has quite a few annoying bugs: e.g., by default, flights are listed in reverse order (most recent first) but if you switch to "longest ago first," then flights on the same date are still listed in reverse order (of time). This is clearly a website that's still 'under development'.

I hadn't heard of "flightdiary.net" until I came upon this thread (thanks, irishguy28) - I've now signed up and I am trying to transfer my data from "openflights.org." I'm encountering numerous problems with this, but maybe that's because I haven't got the hang of it yet; however:
  • Importing the CSV doesn't read the date/time info (at all); I've even tried changing the date formats, but no joy so far.
  • There are some IATA airport codes missing: AGM, for instance.
  • There are numerous aircraft type not recognised ("Airbus A318" is OK but "Airbus A318-100" is not accepted!)
  • Numerous (small) airlines are not recognised: Insel Air, BQB Lineas Aereas, British Caledonian (!), Alitalia Cityliner, etc., etc.
I'll try some of the other sites listed over the next few days, just so I can give a more thorough 'comparative review'.

-- Henry
Old Jul 11, 2014, 5:02 am

Programs: FB Platinum for Life; BAEC Gold Guest List; Accor Gold.
OK, so I've tried a bit harder with "flightdiary.net" ... I can make some manual changes to the CSV file exported from "openflights.org" (silly adjustments to aircraft types, removal of unrecognised airlines, etc.) but I still can't get the dates and times accepted.

So, I thought, it shouldn't take me too long to add in dates/times for around 600 flights! When I try to "Edit" a flight (to add these), I am asked to "Submit a review!" If I ignore this and just click (again) the "Update Flight" button, I just keep going round and round to the "Submit a review" (and the "Time" value is always lost).

If I add a token review text ("FSW" - I'll leave it to the reader's imagination as to what that acronym may mean ), then I am told that the review must be at least 200 characters. (When one adds a "New" flight, there is a button to "Skip" the review, but not when editing an existing flight.)

OK, so it's a free website! However, if this were submitted by a 1st-year student as an end-of-term project, I'd have him/her publicly hanged at dawn, and then use the submission as a perfect example of how NOT to write a website!

Grrrr! Stick with "flightmemory.com" or "openflights.org."

-- Horrid Henry

PS: As some here may know, I am actually quite used to 'not very good' websites: after all, I manage to book 20+ trips each year on klm.com!
Old Nov 20, 2014, 6:09 am

Flight Itinerary History Software

I have done many flights over the years , and would be interested in software which could store all my previous itineraries , and enable retrieval using keys e.g. all flights from location A to location B , with airline C , from year 19xx to year 20yy . I actually have all the original tickets , and would like to able to scan them , and add to each flight itinerary , as attached info . I'm not interested in this software booking new trips for me .
Does anyone know of such ?
Thank you .
Old Nov 23, 2014, 3:30 am

There are several tools out there to record your flights, each with certain advantages and disadvantages. I can recommend FlightMemory, OpenFlights, and FlightDiary. There are others out there like ba97 and pitot which I find to be a little more limited. I don't know of a software that will do exactly what you want it to do (AAA-BBB with Airline C in a range of years), but OpenFlights will at least do flights to/from a specific airport with a specific airline in a specific year greater or less than a specific distance. As for adding a scanned image, I'm not sure...
Hope that's a good start and you find something that suits you
Old Nov 23, 2014, 6:11 am

Thanks steveman518 - I'll check those out .
Old Oct 1, 2016, 2:17 am

Programs: DL 1MM Platinum, UA 1k, HH Silver, BonVoy Platinum
App for mapping flight history?

In recent months I have been in the middle of a travel surge, been around the globe about 1 time per month and started to wonder if there is a program or app out there that can "map" flights taken or if I need to do it myself with a world map in the background and lines as points between cities (though of course it would miss that cool "arc" effect) and just keep adding to it.

Anyway, I have seen a few apps that track current flights and things (even with the messages popping up on Apple watch) but nothing that seems to map a history. Anything out there? Cheers, Powers

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.