FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Travel Tools (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travel-tools-701/)
-   -   [AAdvantage] Award Availability Alert? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travel-tools/1582668-aadvantage-award-availability-alert.html)

hamburglar Jun 4, 2014 9:27 am

[AAdvantage] Award Availability Alert?

Is there a free/paid feature that will alert me to when a specific flight has open seats for saver award? Thanks!

Microwave Jun 4, 2014 9:33 am

What you're looking for would fall within the bailiwick of the Travel Tools forum, which is where I'll relocate this thread.

~Microwave
AAdvantage Forum Co-moderator

caGALINDO Jun 4, 2014 11:02 am

expertflyer used to do that
now, in my dreams

edit: guess it does

inlanikai Jun 4, 2014 12:20 pm

Originally Posted by caGALINDO (Post 22977434)
expertflyer used to do that
now, in my dreams

Not sure what you mean, but ExpertFlyer continues to allow Flight Alerts to be set for MilesAAver award classes Z, U and T on any specific flight.

Go to the Awards & Upgrades tool, put in the date(s) and route(s) and class(es) you want to check. On the far right side of the results page is a "!" icon where you can than set an alert for the class you want on that particular flight/date.

I believe this is what the OP was asking for.

ExpertFlyer Voice Jun 4, 2014 10:35 pm

Originally Posted by inlanikai (Post 22977986)
Not sure what you mean, but ExpertFlyer continues to allow Flight Alerts to be set for MilesAAver award classes Z, U and T on any specific flight.

Go to the Awards & Upgrades tool, put in the date(s) and route(s) and class(es) you want to check. On the far right side of the results page is a "!" icon where you can than set an alert for the class you want on that particular flight/date.

I believe this is what the OP was asking for.

In addition, Flight Alerts can also be created from the Flight Availability results (also with the "!" icon) and from the Create New Flight Alert page.

caGALINDO Jun 5, 2014 4:48 pm

i thought this featured was blocked by AA
guess it's back or i was misinformed
sweet

Mountain Trader Jun 8, 2014 3:06 pm

Expert Flyer does provide alerts for AA awards on AA metal, and on some other OW carriers too. However, AA is opening up much less award capacity than in the past and my last 20 or so EF alerts never resulted in an opening, even though set long before the flight dates.

Poster was perhaps confused by UA for which EF can no longer provide alerts or other award info, or maybe OW itineraries that include any US Air flights, which EF also can not access and provide to its customers, at least for now.

sbm12 Jun 9, 2014 8:00 pm

My oneworld award alert tool also provides alerts for AA awards, based on what QF sees as inventory. It does not provide live search results though, so that may be a sufficient limitation to annoy you.

On the plus side it is free for a limited number of alerts.

hamburglar Jun 13, 2014 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by sbm12 (Post 23006548)
My oneworld award alert tool also provides alerts for AA awards, based on what QF sees as inventory. It does not provide live search results though, so that may be a sufficient limitation to annoy you.

On the plus side it is free for a limited number of alerts.

Just what I needed. I even signed up for a year since I was looking for a specific flight number to open up. Thanks!