Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[AAdvantage] Award Availability Alert?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2014, 9:27 am
Original Poster

[AAdvantage] Award Availability Alert?

Is there a free/paid feature that will alert me to when a specific flight has open seats for saver award? Thanks!
Old Jun 4, 2014, 9:33 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
What you're looking for would fall within the bailiwick of the Travel Tools forum, which is where I'll relocate this thread.

~Microwave
AAdvantage Forum Co-moderator
Old Jun 4, 2014, 11:02 am
Formerly known as cagalindo

Programs: Citi AA/HH/TYP Amex SPG/HH & Chase SP/PC
expertflyer used to do that
now, in my dreams

edit: guess it does

Last edited by caGALINDO; Jun 5, 2014 at 4:49 pm
Old Jun 4, 2014, 12:20 pm

Programs: AA PLT, AAdv since Day One
Originally Posted by caGALINDO
expertflyer used to do that
now, in my dreams
Not sure what you mean, but ExpertFlyer continues to allow Flight Alerts to be set for MilesAAver award classes Z, U and T on any specific flight.

Go to the Awards & Upgrades tool, put in the date(s) and route(s) and class(es) you want to check. On the far right side of the results page is a "!" icon where you can than set an alert for the class you want on that particular flight/date.

I believe this is what the OP was asking for.
Old Jun 4, 2014, 10:35 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Originally Posted by inlanikai
Not sure what you mean, but ExpertFlyer continues to allow Flight Alerts to be set for MilesAAver award classes Z, U and T on any specific flight.

Go to the Awards & Upgrades tool, put in the date(s) and route(s) and class(es) you want to check. On the far right side of the results page is a "!" icon where you can than set an alert for the class you want on that particular flight/date.

I believe this is what the OP was asking for.
In addition, Flight Alerts can also be created from the Flight Availability results (also with the "!" icon) and from the Create New Flight Alert page.
Old Jun 5, 2014, 4:48 pm
Formerly known as cagalindo

Programs: Citi AA/HH/TYP Amex SPG/HH & Chase SP/PC
i thought this featured was blocked by AA
guess it's back or i was misinformed
sweet
Old Jun 8, 2014, 3:06 pm

Expert Flyer does provide alerts for AA awards on AA metal, and on some other OW carriers too. However, AA is opening up much less award capacity than in the past and my last 20 or so EF alerts never resulted in an opening, even though set long before the flight dates.

Poster was perhaps confused by UA for which EF can no longer provide alerts or other award info, or maybe OW itineraries that include any US Air flights, which EF also can not access and provide to its customers, at least for now.
Old Jun 9, 2014, 8:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

My oneworld award alert tool also provides alerts for AA awards, based on what QF sees as inventory. It does not provide live search results though, so that may be a sufficient limitation to annoy you.

On the plus side it is free for a limited number of alerts.
Old Jun 13, 2014, 4:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sbm12
My oneworld award alert tool also provides alerts for AA awards, based on what QF sees as inventory. It does not provide live search results though, so that may be a sufficient limitation to annoy you.

On the plus side it is free for a limited number of alerts.
Just what I needed. I even signed up for a year since I was looking for a specific flight number to open up. Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.