flisea.com: Star Alliance award availability lookup tool

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2012, 6:39 pm
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by WhiteYUL
Salut Pseudo Nim,

Nice search tool! I'm slowly getting familiar with it.

Would it be possible to select more than four pax? Or is there some limitation (aside from availability!) preventing this?

Cheers,

Whitey
Yep, it's totally possible. I can change it. The only issue is I don't think I have EVER seen more than 4 seats released anywhere, anytime - hence the logic behind it. But I will raise the dropdown to 8, it won't make the searches slower or anything, just less likely to find seats
Old Apr 24, 2012, 7:01 pm

Programs: AC Altitude -.006k
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
Yep, it's totally possible. I can change it. The only issue is I don't think I have EVER seen more than 4 seats released anywhere, anytime - hence the logic behind it. But I will raise the dropdown to 8, it won't make the searches slower or anything, just less likely to find seats
Wow, 8! Now you're really going to get my hopes up... I actually only need 5, but I have yet to see (and look for) anything more than 5... on the same routing, that is . I just saw 5 YUL-FRA-LHR-YUL for this June. Not priority rewards, but $640/pax in fees .

The best I've had so far was 3 J to FCO on LX in late June a couple of years back.

Thanks!

W.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 7:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WhiteYUL
Wow, 8! Now you're really going to get my hopes up... I actually only need 5, but I have yet to see (and look for) anything more than 5... on the same routing, that is . I just saw 5 YUL-FRA-LHR-YUL for this June. Not priority rewards, but $640/pax in fees .

The best I've had so far was 3 J to FCO on LX in late June a couple of years back.

Thanks!

W.
No worries I haven't actually tested with the data source providers to see whether 8 is even a valid maximum, but enh. I figure nobody will actually go that high. Changed, enjoy
Old Jun 7, 2012, 3:01 am
b8b

Programs: DL Plat; HH Diamond; SPG & Hyatt Plat
Looks lıke I put the wrong ınfo for my ANA account, how do I change thıs?
Old Jun 7, 2012, 5:31 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by b8b
Looks lıke I put the wrong ınfo for my ANA account, how do I change thıs?
Mmm. An "edit your settings" page is long overdue indeed I'll put one up today.
Old Oct 9, 2012, 6:33 pm

Eagerly waiting...
Old Nov 13, 2012, 1:30 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
This is a fantastic tool. Thanks alot. Just FYI, one of the bugs I find is when searching for a flight that has a +1 day, the connecting flight shows the old day.

EG: I searched IAD - ADD. The second segment should be Dec 26, not Dec 25.

IAD - FRA
Flight: UA916
Equipment:
Depart: Dec 25 17:15
Arrive: Dec 26 07:10+1
Class: Business

FRA - ADD
Flight: LH598
Equipment:
Depart: Dec 25 10:15
Arrive: Dec 25 20:50
Old Nov 29, 2012, 10:01 pm
Original Poster

Ok... a few updates!

- the LONG, LONG overdue page for changing your password (and recovering a forgotten one) is now up.
- I have reduced the watchlist functionality to one flight. Reason is, the backend data provider has changed their system in such a way that only personal logins work now, and I certainly don't want the login I use to get banned if everyone has a dozen watchlists. I think this should be fine, and more will be available in a premium version - please PM me if you want to be a premium member, we'll sort out a fair deal.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 10:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
This is a fantastic tool. Thanks alot. Just FYI, one of the bugs I find is when searching for a flight that has a +1 day, the connecting flight shows the old day.

EG: I searched IAD - ADD. The second segment should be Dec 26, not Dec 25.

IAD - FRA
Flight: UA916
Equipment:
Depart: Dec 25 17:15
Arrive: Dec 26 07:10+1

FRA - ADD
Flight: LH598
Equipment:
Depart: Dec 25 10:15
Arrive: Dec 25 20:50
Thanks for the feedback! I actually am not able to replicate this - maybe you can PM me with some flights where you see this and I'll see what's up (the above itinerary is not available anymore, I guess, so I can't see it). Other flights on this itinerary but with LH, rather than ET on the last leg, seem to display fine.
Old Dec 4, 2012, 7:48 pm

Great tool!... I signed up but I might have entered the wrong ANA credentials as the search does not work. how do I update my profile
Old Feb 9, 2013, 8:31 pm
Original Poster

LifeMiles searching now added. Note that multi-day searching doesn't work yet, and only one class of service can be searched at a time on LifeMiles (i.e. you can't search for economy, business AND first in one search).
Old Feb 12, 2013, 2:08 am

Programs: QF,US,ANA
I really like it , thanks for all the effort .
Old Mar 7, 2013, 7:07 pm

Programs: US,PC
Thanks Pseudo.

Searched Lifemiles, worked good. Doesn't it start showing airport code as you start typing.

Thanks for your effort.

Dracs
Old Mar 8, 2013, 9:00 am

This is a nice tool. It would be good to be able to order results by duration.
Old Mar 8, 2013, 9:22 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dracs
Thanks Pseudo.

Searched Lifemiles, worked good. Doesn't it start showing airport code as you start typing.

Thanks for your effort.

Dracs
Thanks! That is actually a fairly easy feature to add, but I figured since everyone just types in 3-letter codes, I would just use that. But you're probably right - I should add that functionality.

Originally Posted by bridgeair
This is a nice tool. It would be good to be able to order results by duration.
Good idea. I will look into that. The only real issue is some providers do not give me a duration (like ANA) - I have to "guess" it... so some stuff will always be off. But better than nothing, right?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.