FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Travel Technology (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travel-technology-169/)
-   -   Help where to get Virgin Mobile Canada Top up Card (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travel-technology/1557130-help-where-get-virgin-mobile-canada-top-up-card.html)

01stang Mar 3, 2014 5:18 pm

Help where to get Virgin Mobile Canada Top up Card

hi guys I'm planning on a trip up to Canada(Niagara Falls, Toronto, Montreal) for a wk and i looked everywhere and it seems Virgin Mobile has the better Data plans for my needs. i do plan on Pay by the Min plus the Data package. now I'm having a hard time finding a couple refills cards that i need to top up the card.

so my question is anyone know where online i can get it from? or at least at Niagara Falls.

would be really appreciate if anyone can help me with this...

(need $30 on each of top up cards x 2)

EmptyKim Mar 4, 2014 10:24 am

Originally Posted by 01stang (Post 22455967)
hi guys I'm planning on a trip up to Canada(Niagara Falls, Toronto, Montreal) for a wk and i looked everywhere and it seems Virgin Mobile has the better Data plans for my needs. i do plan on Pay by the Min plus the Data package. now I'm having a hard time finding a couple refills cards that i need to top up the card.

so my question is anyone know where online i can get it from? or at least at Niagara Falls.

would be really appreciate if anyone can help me with this...

(need $30 on each of top up cards x 2)

I bought my Virgin Mobile SIM on eBay and asked the seller if he had any top up cards. Where did you get your SIM?

01stang Mar 4, 2014 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by EmptyKim (Post 22460120)
I bought my Virgin Mobile SIM on eBay and asked the seller if he had any top up cards. Where did you get your SIM?

yes i also bought my sim on ebay... i had emailed/msg the seller if he had any topup cards but he/she did not reply my msg yet

roastpuff Mar 4, 2014 3:25 pm

Any 7-11, drug store, grocery store - they should all be able to sell you top-up vouchers.

Any major mall will also have a Virgin Mobile Canada booth or store for you to get the top-ups at.

01stang Mar 6, 2014 8:11 am

Originally Posted by roastpuff (Post 22462156)
Any 7-11, drug store, grocery store - they should all be able to sell you top-up vouchers.

Any major mall will also have a Virgin Mobile Canada booth or store for you to get the top-ups at.

thanks. I'm just trying to get the top up card prior entering canada. coz i'll be driving up thru niagara falls, I'm not sure if i can find a grocery/7-11 there where all the tourist attraction is gonna be...

roastpuff Mar 6, 2014 2:09 pm

Can you do it online?

https://www.virginmobile.ca/myAccoun...en&itcid=FOT:1

EmptyKim Mar 6, 2014 2:20 pm

Originally Posted by roastpuff (Post 22475717)

I beleive you have to have a Canadian bank account in order to top up your SIM online. You can use a top up card online, but you have to get a top up card...

Maybe ping one of the Canadian members on this board to see if he/she will buy you a top up card? Maybe that should be a section in this forum.

tentseller Mar 6, 2014 2:39 pm

The non-tourist part of city of Niagara Falls has supermarkets, Target/Walmart and 7-11 which sells phone top up cards. They are along the way from the Falls to QEW.

01stang Mar 6, 2014 7:45 pm

Originally Posted by tentseller (Post 22475918)
The non-tourist part of city of Niagara Falls has supermarkets, Target/Walmart and 7-11 which sells phone top up cards. They are along the way from the Falls to QEW.

cool thanks for the heads up.

yes virginmobile.ca will take credit cards but only canadian's CC so I'm out of luck there... looks like i'll just have to stop by a gas station or something.... i just like to have it all avaliable before hand...

i just didn't know if there was a canadian website that will let u buy top up cards and email me the pin. coz Walmart(USA) does that