Wiki Posts
Search

Wheeled backpack? Osprey ozone 50l or others

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2017, 2:22 pm
Original Poster

Wheeled backpack? Osprey ozone 50l or others

Hi,

I looked for reviews of the osprey ozone 50L convertible wheeled backpack. I found lots of people talking about the ozone 46L, but it's not convertible like the 50L. Can anyone provide their experiences with the 50L, or suggest another solid wheeled backpack option?
Old Apr 13, 2017, 9:15 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, AAdvantage
Check http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/27553807-post7.html my post there.
Old Apr 17, 2017, 6:36 pm

The Osprey Sojourn has a great backpack suspension system. They make a 22" 45L carry-on too. It has hooks to attach a day pack as well if desired. It's fine for a US carry-on, but I haven't tried it overseas. Its height is right in-between my US and global spinners. It's light but not ultra-light like the Ozone. But I don't if there is a suspension system in it's class for a wheeled backpack.
Old Apr 19, 2017, 8:28 am

Programs: UA-GS 1MM), Hertz Pres Circle, Starriott Titanium)
Not a fan of rolling backpacks, I had one for a while. When in backpack mode, it was too heavy (due to the frame/rolling equipment). As a roller, it was also sub-par. Numerous regional jets also have a "wheels = gate check" policy.

Frankly if I need to carry super heavy stuff, I would go with a packable luggage cart that I can pack INTO the backpack at the gate prior to boarding.
Old Apr 20, 2017, 10:20 pm

What about the Eagle Creek Lync ? I've read some positive reviews for the 20" and 22" systems. 43L and 4.9lbs.
Old Apr 23, 2017, 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by mop71
What about the Eagle Creek Lync ? I've read some positive reviews for the 20" and 22" systems. 43L and 4.9lbs.

Ec Lync has similar capacity and is very light. The suspension system is not on the same level as the Osprey's though. But it's better than a lot of convertible roller bags out there. As a backpack alone there is no frame or back support. So for backpack use with or without the frame is middle of the road. If you only need the backpack function on occasion or for short distances, it's a nice option because it's so light weight and carry-on friendly.
Old Apr 25, 2017, 4:30 am

Programs: Qatar, Turkish, Aeroflot
My husband got one from IKEA and it's fantastic as it has a detachable (and rather thin) backpack on the front with plenty of storage. He's managed to travel on Aeroflot, Air China, Jeju Air, Norwegian, Caribbean and LIAT (albeit with 1 jobsworth check in agent causing a fuss) successfully.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.