Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Has anyone tried these jeans?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2015, 3:04 pm
Original Poster

Has anyone tried these jeans?

I found some "traveler denim jeans" on Jos. A. Banks website. Not much info on them, but they are on sale for $34. Just wondering if anyone has tried them and how well they do for a "travel" pair of jeans.

http://www.josbank.com/menswear/shop...1_10050_102022

Thanks!
Old Jul 1, 2015, 4:21 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
I would advise against anything articles of clothing made by Jos. A. Banks. Pay a little more and get something much better and durable.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 4:35 pm

Check out these Jeans by Rohan. I have a pair and they are really good for travel.

http://www.rohandesigns.com/mens-sup...ocode=03573D94
Old Jul 1, 2015, 7:53 pm

Programs: 1K - UAL, Platinum DL, Marriott, Hilton, SPG
Wow! $97 for travel pants.

I find a comfortable fit light (must be light) sweat pant. Board plane, visit restroom, change into, about 45 minutes before landing, change back to regular pants/shorts/suit. Very simple!

If you want to cheat - just buy a pair of lounge pants (aka PJ bottoms) at Target, Polo or whatever your favorite merchant. Very easy to carry and you are comfortable on long plane or train.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 10:17 pm

Programs: United, American, Southwest, USAirways, Delta
Originally Posted by agp423
I would advise against anything articles of clothing made by Jos. A. Banks. Pay a little more and get something much better and durable.
Any suggestions?
Old Jul 2, 2015, 12:03 am

...!

Try RPMWEST! Kickstarter funded Raw Denim Jeans with stretch material. ... to grass squat? No Problem!
And a fair price (lower than $100)
Old Jul 2, 2015, 7:28 am

Programs: Delta Gold, silver, what yr is it?
For cooler weather travel (which often times is rainy as well) my husband loves Levi Commuter pants. Not sure they're made any more but they're cotton with a water resistant finish - designed originally for cycling commuters. He also has some nice Schoeller fabric trousers from Outlier for superior water repelling! Then a nicer pair of Victoriknox khakis with some zippered pockets. (Outlier has some amazing products! Believe it was FTer who led me there a couple years ago when I was looking for water resistant pants for husband - possibly led me to Levi Commuters as well - this is a great community!) Outlier are NOT cheap. But they last! http://shop.outlier.cc/retail/pants/ This guy wore only 1 outfit for 365 days - his picks are definitely going to hold up!

Knowing what particular "travel" feature you are looking for might help with recommendations. Companies use the keyword "travel" to mean many things when marketing a product. Do you want lots of pockets? Wicking, quick dry? Secure storage?
Old Jul 2, 2015, 7:48 am
Original Poster

Thanks guys. I am taking a trip to several spots in Europe in a couple months and I am going to attempt to make my first trip with a carry on only. So I was looking for options for slimmer material clothes for less bulk. And I will say I wasn't actively looking when I found the Jos A Bank pants it was just on a Google Ad from which im sure is a targeted ad based on my previous searches.

I do like the Rohan jeans which I've looked at before. Bad part about them is I need at least a size 44. Bigger fellow ( but working on, thats a whole other subject). And I don't really have an extra $100 to drop on a single pair of jeans at the moment. I wish I did.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 10:13 am

Not sure what qualifies as 'traveler jeans'. I usually buy either LL Bean or Costco blue jeans. Particularly fond of LLB's lined jeans for winter.

For travel, especially to warmer climates like SE Asia, I use either REI or EMS (Columbia also has them) cargo convertible pants. They have multiple packs, can unzip lower leg to convert to shorts and easy wash/dry. I wear them in-flight and when not in biz setting.

http://www.ems.com/ems-mens-camp-car...r=5384#start=3
Old Jul 2, 2015, 6:18 pm

This is not a reply to your question, but just wanted to share this: I have the best travel pants ever. I purchased a black, slightly stretch, pull on pants, with a straight leg, in Ireland many, many years ago. No zippers, no buttons, no pleats. Best Buy Ever! I wear them on the plane every time I travel, they are so comfortable, but still look really very professional! Now my problem is, how much longer are they going to last? I have decided to try and make myself a new pair, IF...I can find the perfect fabric. Wish me luck! I have never found another pants so perfect, and believe me, I have looked.
Old Jul 3, 2015, 4:47 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver
I know these are expensive, but I find them super comfortable. They don't look like pajamas and are pretty darned close to feeling as soft.
https://www.betabrand.com/collection...weatpants.html
Old Jul 3, 2015, 7:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP
The most comfortable pair of jeans I own are AGs - they're denim with a bit of stretch to them. Very nice for any purpose really, great for travel because they don't feel restrictive at all even in the slimmer leg cuts.
Old Jul 3, 2015, 9:27 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Spouse has had good luck with prAna's stretch Zion pants for travel, though unfortunately they only go up to 38 waist.

http://www.prana.com/stretch-zion-pant.html

You can sometimes find them cheaper on other sites.
Old Jul 3, 2015, 10:42 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K, AC SE, Delta Platinum Medallion, Marriott Titanium
I suggest you try the new joggjeans by Diesel. Suppose to be very comfortable so I guess they would work as "travel pants". Kind of a hybrid between joggings and jeans but they keep their jean look.

Diesel clothes have a "particular" style to them, so I'll be interested to see if you like them
Old Jul 6, 2015, 1:20 pm

Any clothing with the word "travel" in the name seems to mean added cost.
OP, you may want to look at Zappos also. Although their prices are not always the lowest, they still offer free shipping ( albeit I do not think 2 days is free anymore) and free returns within 365 days. I was able to return some worn item by Patagonia previously where it was clearly lacking in quality.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.