FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Travel Products (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travel-products-639/)
-   -   Red Oxx Sky Train pictures? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/travel-products/1375995-red-oxx-sky-train-pictures.html)

drugsdrugsdrugs123 Aug 10, 2012 1:46 pm

Red Oxx Sky Train pictures?

Hi guys, I am interested in buying a Red Oxx Sky Train in either Black or Midnight (to keep it professional looking). I would prefer to buy black as it would be easier to match future luggage to that color, but I can not find any pictures on Google of the bag in black (other than the posterior view on the Red Oxx site). I am mostly concerned about the "obnoxious" red logo. Some people said that they color in the logo or remove the patch, but I would rather not tamper with the bag in case I need to resell the bag for whatever reason. Since return shipping to red oxx is not free and since I cannot see the product in a store, I was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to post pics of their Sky Train from different angles.

Thanks in advance.

Materdei Aug 10, 2012 8:57 pm

Hi Druggie. :) Welcome to FT.

My Sky Train is Gray, not black. If you want detailed pics of the bag, albeit in gray not black, you can check out this thread.

If you're just wanting to see the exterior of a black sky train with the logo, here it is.

drugsdrugsdrugs123 Aug 11, 2012 2:18 pm

Thanks for the links!

The black bag's red logo is way too loud to be taken seriously I think. I think the coal color is a little too light for my tastes. Midnight here I come!

Materdei Aug 11, 2012 7:24 pm

I bought my Sky Train second hand. Coal would not have been my first choice but it's probably third behind black and midnight. The midnight is a cool color, no doubt.

Enjoy.

PunkElmo Aug 13, 2012 3:03 pm

non obtrusive

I've carried my black skytrain all over the place, and haven't found the logo patch to be as obnoxious as I would've thought when I was purchasing... ditto for the airboss.

If I'm super cool and get all my chores done (*sigh* why do the contents of my bag turn into a MESS once I unpack from a trip, when they're so ORGANIZED while I travel?), I'll post some pics of my black skytrain tonight.

N1120A Aug 15, 2012 10:54 pm

I carry my black CPA Brief to court and get compliments. Its not as "loud" as people think.

Darbs Aug 17, 2012 7:41 am

I carry my black CPA everywhere, from boardrooms to power plants and never have anybody even notice it. The BF has the midnight and the only reason he didn't get black is because we needed to be able to tell our bags apart. I had originally ordered the coal and found that it had a greenish tint to it. I ended up sending it back and getting the black one. All of the BF's RO bags are midnight and it is a great color. Mine are all red with the exception of my CPA and Aviator.

PunkElmo Aug 17, 2012 9:03 pm

Sky Train on my back....

https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...31913068_n.jpg

haven't had time to take fancy new pics, so here's an old one...

The Sky Train is on my back, the Air Boss and Gypsy Suit Cover are sitting next to me... you can't see it in this pic, but I have a gator in front (it's on my shoulder/body diagonally, which means it ends up in front when the skytrain's on my back).

Materdei Aug 17, 2012 10:58 pm

Originally Posted by PunkElmo (Post 19144795)
haven't had time to take fancy new pics, so here's an old one...

The Sky Train is on my back, the Air Boss and Gypsy Suit Cover are sitting next to me... you can't see it in this pic, but I have a gator in front (it's on my shoulder/body diagonally, which means it ends up in front when the skytrain's on my back).

Holy cow, how many Red Oxx bags do you own!?!

PunkElmo Aug 18, 2012 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by Materdei (Post 19145183)
Holy cow, how many Red Oxx bags do you own!?!

erm... between my boyfriend and myself... 5

Sky Train (mine)
Gator (mine - my everyday all-purpose shoulder bag/purse)
Air Boss (his)
Nomad Shave Kit (his - dopp kit)
Gypsy Suit Cover (his - he uses a lot when he needs outfit changes or a suit somewhere)

JMN57 Aug 18, 2012 9:40 pm

Some might find this sacrilegious but the logo can be removed by carefully using a seam ripper (at least on a CPA).

Dick Danger Aug 19, 2012 5:11 pm

All of my red oxx bags are black and I go over the patch with a black Sharpie. I really tones down the patch.

drugsdrugsdrugs123 Aug 19, 2012 5:18 pm

Thanks for the pics! Much appreciated!

quan98 Aug 19, 2012 9:53 pm

Originally Posted by Dick Danger (Post 19153864)
All of my red oxx bags are black and I go over the patch with a black Sharpie. I really tones down the patch.

Before I do the same, do you have any pictures of what it looks like post-black sharpie?

oshelef Aug 20, 2012 12:38 am

Originally Posted by quan98 (Post 19155025)
Before I do the same, do you have any pictures of what it looks like post-black sharpie?

Careful, I find that the black sharpies have a purple tinge to them as they fade/wear off/wash off, etc.... You might want to check your stock of permanent markers to see which are least objectionable. Glossy paper will usually let you see the undertones.