Reload this Page >

Reasonable Rimowa Prices?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Reasonable Rimowa Prices?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2019, 7:38 am

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by hornillas1
The distribution description from the agent at La Voyagerie is not entirely accurate.

The terms and conditions for third party retailers has greatly changed and have become more selective.

La Voyagerie likely does not have the sales turnover to justify LVMH approving their contract request to sell RIMOWA. All third-party retailer contracts were terminated last year. LVMH directed all third-party retailers/distributors to apply for a new contract, based on revised LVMH criteria.

Selected retailers must have an annual gross sales revenue of 400,000 EUR of RIMOWA product, at least 20 square meters of dedicated retail space, and sell other brands that meet the market LVMH is selling to (think Tumi, Montblanc and other luxury lifestyle retailers).

Third-party authorized dealers are required to carry the same in-store livery concept that the LVMH flagship stores maintain (displays, arrangements and presentation schemes). Designed by Universal Studio Design, and originally showcased at Berlin Fashion Week, the displays require significant modifications to current store layouts.

For example, Lederwaren Hetzenecker, in Munich, has retained its authorized retailer status. The retailer has completed one of its renovations, 1x in progress, 1x still requiring renovations at its downtown retail locations.

Qualifying third-party retailers are having these upgrades completed by the end of 2019 to align with LVMH's requirements.

The redesign of its distribution network shifts to more selective systems and promotes the "shop-in-shop" concept.
As far as I know, La Voyagerie has reapplied and was approved to continue to sell Rimowa, they have redone their store to Rimowa standards, even their website and Google searches now prominently mentioned Rimowa. As far as business turnover on Rimowa, I don’t know how much they sell but judging from the frequent replenishment of their stock and the average selling price of Rimowa pieces, I can see how they would sell north of 500,000 euros in Rimowa per year without any difficulty.

What they told me is a new retail & distribution strategy set to go into effect by the end of 2019.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 7:46 am

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by jaykk3
Hi everyone. I have a business trip to Munich in a week and I want to pick up a few Rimowa topas.
Where is the best place to get them?

I also heard there are outlets in Germany somewhere. Anyone know where that is and how much cheaper it is?

Thanks!
For Munich, there is the mention of Lederwaren Hetzenecker by another poster, so you may want to check it out and tell us about your experience there?

The Topas line has been discontinued and replaced with Rimowa Original, but I much prefer the Topas for its blue interior as it looks much nicer than the Original black grey interior. Not to mention that the price is much better, that is if you can still find Topas to buy.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 7:51 am

Originally Posted by jaykk3
Hi everyone. I have a business trip to Munich in a week and I want to pick up a few Rimowa topas.
Where is the best place to get them?

I also heard there are outlets in Germany somewhere. Anyone know where that is and how much cheaper it is?

Thanks!
You may also want to consider the Lufthansa World Shop at MUC or FRA? I just checked their website and they have the Rimowa Original line with the Lufthansa logo on it at a fair price!
https://www.worldshop.eu/en/product/...?p=3gAMuP0Xa-A
Old Jun 23, 2019, 12:33 pm

Programs: M/M
I was in Munich two weeks ago.

If you go to the Lederwaren Hetzenecker, this specific store (there are 3x in downtown Munich), will give you 20% discount on current line RIMOWA, if paid in cash, or a 15% discount, by credit card. Address below:

Karlspl. 8, 80335 München, Germany

This pretty much takes out the price increase that was initiated in Fall 2018, when the current generation models were introduced.

This is about as good a deal on current generation RIMOWA that can be found here in Germany.

Best wishes and congratulations on your upcoming addition to your travel collection!
Old Jun 23, 2019, 9:24 pm

On Lederwaren Hetzenecker's Facebook page, a certain Cos Stuttgart said "Recommend: here you can have cheapest Rimowa suitcases, even cheaper as internet" LOL

They sure have lots of Rimowa in stock. I am assuming that they do the VAT refund on their own, or they have to go through a 3rd party VAT refund company?
Old Jun 24, 2019, 9:22 am

VAT-refund requests as processed, via third party, at this retailer.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 8:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K, MR Titanium, IHG Gold, National Exec
Originally Posted by sapguy

You may also want to consider the Lufthansa World Shop at MUC or FRA? I just checked their website and they have the Rimowa Original line with the Lufthansa logo on it at a fair price!
https://www.worldshop.eu/en/product/...?p=3gAMuP0Xa-A
I just bought a LH edition Topas carry-on from the WorldShop at TXL a few days ago. It was not on display, but I asked if they had one and they pulled it out from the back for me. Possibly the last one in WorldShop inventory (definitely last at TXL), since I don't see it on their website anymore, but it wouldn't hurt to ask the store attendant if they have one in the back. €689 for the Topas vs €800 for the new Original.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 12:53 pm

I noticed that the discounter Sierra Trading Post is featuring some Rimowa bags on their website. Mostly these are polycarb, but there are also a couple of aluminum pieces. I assume these are all discontinued or overstock.
flipstah likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 6:24 pm

Great find on previous-generation RIMOWA trollies!

It is too bad that RIMOWA discontinued their carry-on business trollies.
Old Jul 6, 2019, 10:18 am

Programs: AA Platinum 2.3MM (Lifetime PLT)
Originally Posted by sapguy

The owner of La Voyagerie told me that looks like Rimowa will cancel all arrangements with its authorized dealers by the end of 2019!
Mathieu?
Old Jul 6, 2019, 10:26 am

Programs: AA Platinum 2.3MM (Lifetime PLT)
Rimowa Paris Retailers

Just some random thoughts about buying Rimowa in Paris.

About a year ago I bought from La Voyagerie online. While the service was good I did not appreciate their strange credit card processing system which dinged me for an extra fee since it was strangely processed as a cash advance.

While visiting Paris in April, I purchased a carryon bag from the flagship store on the Faubourg St. Honoré. The service was superb and the store looks magnificent. Getting the VAT refund was very easy (airport ATM-style machine).

Anyone have any views on places to buy Rimowa in Paris?

Last edited by Landing Gear; Jul 7, 2019 at 9:44 pm Reason: Wrong retailer named; fixed error
Old Jul 6, 2019, 1:51 pm

Same question on preferred locales in either Berlin or Cologne. I realize that the mothership is Cologne, but any cost advantage to going elsewhere? Thanks.
Old Jul 7, 2019, 12:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LT Plat, SPG Plat/LT Plat, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, MR Silver
Does anyone know if Rimowa still sells the Polish & Repair Paste?

With the exception of a seller on Amazon that is charging over $50 for it, I can't seem to find anyone in the US that sells it. I also happened to check at the Rimowa store at a large Asian airpot last week and they didn't have it either.

Has the new Rimowa stopped selling this product? If so, does anyone have any recommendations for cleaning a glossy Rimowa suitcase? I have some gunk and a ton of light scratching on mine that I am hoping to make less noticeable.

Thanks!
Old Jul 8, 2019, 11:20 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy SE
Originally Posted by ordx
I noticed that the discounter Sierra Trading Post is featuring some Rimowa bags on their website. Mostly these are polycarb, but there are also a couple of aluminum pieces. I assume these are all discontinued or overstock.
Awesome find! Too bad they're not the carry-on luggage; just the laptop/business carry-on.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by flipstah
Awesome find! Too bad they're not the carry-on luggage; just the laptop/business carry-on.
Looks like they're going pretty fast. I think there were about 25 items listed earlier, and now it's down to 15. I still do see one regular sized carry-on, a 22" Salsa Air spinner.
flipstah likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.