Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Travel with Pets
Reload this Page >

FRA-JFK on LH in July(Report)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2010, 6:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, National Executive

I flew the above yesterday as part of my move to the Hudson Valley River area. I choose to fly LH because of urban legends from colleagues that LH provided the best service (least restrictions) in the summer time. The temperature forecast at JFK was 94 degrees at arrival.

I arrived at the FRA airport 3 hours in advance and proceeded to the J check-in. I was immediately directed to the B Hall and told to look for a check-in counter with a dog icon.

Wandered over to B Hall and found the correct check-in counter with no problem. The counter staff was very helpful and did not ask to see any health certificates, heat acclimatization paperwork, etc. They checked all of our luggage and told us that they could only accept our dog 2 hours before departure. No problem. They kept our kennel and we wandered around the airport with our dog and ate some last minute pretzels. LH told told us there was a pet walk area, but we could not find it and the airport info told us there was no such thing. During this time we also took care of paying the 160 Euro fee that LH charged.

We returned at the 2 hour point and and were ushered to the front of the line to check our dogs aid our goodbyes and a nice gentlemen from LH shook our hands and told us she would be fine. As we checked in they did ask that remove her collar on her for the flight.

Flight went flawlessly and our dog showed at JFK few minutes after all of our luggage. (All of our luggage, to include the kennel, was marked with *A Priority tags)

We cleared customs with minimal hassle went outside where we took the dog out of the kennel and she drank a LOT of water. We went to the T-1 pet walk area and she did what dogs do after being in a kennel for several hours. I was disappointed that the pet walk area was all rocks, no grass.

All in all it was a painless experience.

Last edited by Gamecock; Jul 17, 2010 at 5:57 pm
Old Jul 17, 2010, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
I'm glad that your trip went off without any problems. Over the years LH has gotten very high marks for pets flown as cargo!!! ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.