Wiki Posts
Search

Dreamliner deliveries delayed - again

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2010, 11:56 pm
Original Poster

Dreamliner deliveries delayed - again

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...232255168.html

In a fresh setback for the beleaguered 787 Dreamliner program, Boeing Co. early Friday announced a new delay that will push first delivery of the plane into the middle of the first quarter of next year...

...Boeing has also been grappling since June with manufacturing flaws found in the plane's tail area. The problematic components are manufactured in Italy by Alenia Aeronautica SpA, a major Boeing supplier...

...On Aug. 2, a 787 engine being tested at a Rolls facility suffered a major "uncontained" failure, which did significant damage to the engine and the casing that houses it.
Old Aug 27, 2010, 3:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
The most the 787 first delivery can slip is into 2Q2012, since that's the first test flight schedule for the A350 XWB so it will then be Airbus's turn to have delays. Those delays will, in turn, continue until the scheduled first flight of some future Boeing aircraft, which will be delayed until ...
Old Aug 27, 2010, 7:26 pm

Programs: DL, National, Marriott, Hilton
Again? Really? Did US Airways have something to do with the manufacturing of the 787? With all these delays it seems it...

Let me know how many orders are cancelled...
Old Aug 27, 2010, 8:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Now what?!?!?! Is that something wrong the 787 Dreamliner is delayed yet again? It shouldn't not to do it to having another delayed anymore. The entire 787 should be just fine. I don't see any the evidence the entire aircraft. Let's try to step forward to start deliveries the entire 787 immediately. Why the Boeing is wasting the times to causing another problems.
Old Aug 27, 2010, 8:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Originally Posted by N639DL
Did US Airways have something to do with the manufacturing of the 787? With all these delays it seems it...
US was #1 in on-time arrival in August, is #2 YTD, and #1 in 2009 among the majors, so I don't get the comment.

Originally Posted by N830MH
It shouldn't not to do it to having another delayed anymore. The entire 787 should be just fine. I don't see any the evidence the entire aircraft. Let's try to step forward to start deliveries the entire 787 immediately. Why the Boeing is wasting the times to causing another problems.
So you think they're just fooling around, wasting time, not really worried about the delays????

Any aircraft nowadays seems like the average construction project of government estimate. Add more padding to those estimates than you think is reasonable, and then double it.
Old Aug 29, 2010, 1:30 am

Programs: Disgruntled HON**, Indifferent EK Gold, skeptical BA Silver
Well, so what. Those delivery estimates are driven to please investors, creditors and banks and buyers of course. Many Airbus engineer for instance was convinced that the given a380 deadlines were unrealistic. The media picks up on those things and sets them out of proportion.

Development of new aircrafts is a overly complex thing, I am just glad that besides all the pressure there still is some sort of a "safety first" culture, when it comes to delivery dates. Oh yes and btw the way, the latest push is because of Rolls Royce..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.