Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Health and Fitness
Reload this Page >

Johnson's Baby Creamy Lotion for Mosquitos?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2017, 8:12 pm
Original Poster

Has anyone tried this product as a mosquito repellant? The green aloe vera variety is going for $29 on Amazon for an 8 oz tube so people must believe it does. The reviews say it really does work but only on the specific areas of skin you use it. Any little skipped spot still gets bit.
Old Apr 30, 2017, 6:55 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
I've used Avon Skin So Soft for bugs in general, but have never heard of this for mosquitoes.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 6:08 pm

I was going to mention Skin So Soft and half alcohol I believe. We used to make that in the military and it worked better than many mosquito products for a fraction of the cost. Also increasing your intake of garlic and onions seemed to work. If I remember correctly, those with a sugary diet who sweat a lot got bit more than anyone else. Sorry for the graphic imagery.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 7:04 pm

Programs: AA lifetime gold, Marrriott Platinum
I was on a bike trip number Scotland a few weeks ago and was attacked by the dreaded midges. Avon Skin So Soft was the preferred treatment and available everywhere, I had no idea it could be used for that purpose but it worked.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.