Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Travel with Children
Reload this Page >

Things to do in Santa Barbara, CA for children

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2012, 8:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: US Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hertz 5-Star

We will be visiting Santa Barbara in the near future. What are some great places, attractions, etc. to take a 6-YO to? Your suggestions would be greatly appreciated by us. Thanks.
Old May 31, 2012, 2:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The zoo is really nice. The carousel in the park across from the beach (Chase Palm Park?) is always a hit. If you visit the mission my kids had more fun climbing on the rocks in the park across the street than in the acutal mision.

A good road trip goes out to Cold Springs Tavern, for lunch and splash in the creek there then to Solvang for dessert and on the way back stop at Nojoqui Falls Park for a short hike and splash in the waterfall.
Old Jun 6, 2012, 8:42 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP
I was *just* in SB with my almost-4-year-old daughter, and she absolutely loved the South Coast Railroad Museum

http://www.goletadepot.org/

They have a little train there that the kids can ride (remember the sitcom Silver Spoons?) on a half-mile-long track around the property, among other things.

She also enjoys Stearns Wharf. (In all honesty, though, the biggest hit was the pool at the Four Seasons, where we were staying!)
Old Jun 16, 2012, 9:13 pm

We will be in Santa Barbara in October with our two children aged 5 and 3 so I will make note of these places.
C
Old Jun 16, 2012, 9:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
A short visit to the mission might be fun, too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.