Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Special Interest Travel > Travel with Children
Reload this Page >

Teething rings through security?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2011, 11:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: WN, DL, UA, AA, Hilton, Marriott, IHG

My son has just started teething (apparently) right before our flights tomorrow. Teething rings (the liquid filled kind) are helping him out. Will they be allowed through security?

I tried searching the TSA website but came up with nothing. On the one hand, they are "for the baby", kind of like how you can take water through security for a baby. On the other hand, the baby won't be consuming it and it has liquid in it- like a snowglobe (also not allowed). It probably has less than 3 oz. of liquid in there, but I couldn't prove it....

Mods, if you think this would be better answered in the security forum, please move.
Old Dec 23, 2011, 5:45 pm

You won't have any issues. I posted a thread a few lines down that we were able to take a bottle of water through security this week by we had our babies with us. I can pretty much guarantee they won't even notice it in your diaper bag.
Old Dec 23, 2011, 6:57 pm

Programs: United Plus
No problem. Here's your link (if flying out of a U.S. airport but most foreign airports have similar rules).

http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtrav...x.shtm#formula

I also recommend that you take some sort of teething gel and/or pain reliever for your little one. The pressurization can increase swelling and pain in general so teething pain is a prime candidate. A baby who is only mildly uncomfortable on the ground can become very unhappy in the air.

Trust me on this. I have Wisdoms, which came in as an adult and hurt. Teething pain is not fun! (although getting the Wisdoms out is no picnic either but I didn't do that).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.