Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Thrifty | Blue Chip Rewards (closed to posting)
Reload this Page >

Maui: OGG vs GP1 ?? Getting mixed information from Thrifty reservations..

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2010, 5:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP 1M, SPG PLT

I am holding a reservation in Maui at both OGG and GP1 because I am receiving conflicting information from Thrifty about which is appropriate for me. I am pulling into and departing Maui on a cruise ship, so it seemed that GP1 would be right, but the first thrifty agent told me that no, OGG would be fine (and a cheaper rate). A later agent told me GP1 is appropriate. I asked about a shuttle from the port and she said it went to both GP1 and OGG. So why would I pick GP1 if OGG is cheaper? She had no answer.

Can anyone advise me on this dilemna?
Old Aug 21, 2010, 3:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by Osteomata
I am holding a reservation in Maui at both OGG and GP1 because I am receiving conflicting information from Thrifty about which is appropriate for me. I am pulling into and departing Maui on a cruise ship, so it seemed that GP1 would be right, but the first thrifty agent told me that no, OGG would be fine (and a cheaper rate). A later agent told me GP1 is appropriate. I asked about a shuttle from the port and she said it went to both GP1 and OGG. So why would I pick GP1 if OGG is cheaper? She had no answer.

Can anyone advise me on this dilemna?
Looks like both "locations" share the same address. GP1 appears to be a virtual location that avoids some (but not all) of the airport taxes; in the test booking I did, GP1 was about $1/day cheaper than OGG. That makes sense, since it came out as the same base rate but avoided the $1/day airport fee.

It looks like a way of allowing people NOT arriving at the airport to avoid that particular tax.

I'm not sure they'd be opposed to you booking OGG if it's a lower price, since you're not avoiding any taxes. However, there is the small possibility they may not pick you up at the harbor if you book OGG. I'd try calling the office in Hawaii directly and asking: 1-808-952-4200.
Old Nov 21, 2010, 9:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
If you're flying out of OGG, then OGG would be a consideration. Airport Tax is summed on the price at OGG though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.