Wiki Posts
Search

BKK Intl-Domestic Separate-ticket transfer times

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2022, 2:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G, AC, IHG Plat AMB
BKK Intl-Domestic Separate-ticket transfer times

This has probably been asked a fair few times now, but I haven't found it in the first few pages of searching so re-asking on the chance this could get new info. We're all booked on our next big miles-fuelled adventure next summer and I've got to the point where I need to book my positioning flights. This leaves me with a few unchangeable facts:
1. We are arriving at 13:05 into BKK on BR
2. The final flight of the night to USM departs on PG at 17:45
3. This is definitely separate-ticketed.
4. There's a 75% chance we won't have bags
5. We will be arriving to BKK in J, so theoretically fast-track is an option?

So normally I wouldn't be so concerned about a 4h layover, but just need to confirm with the experts that a separate-ticketed BR>PG flight isn't going to create additional issues with immigration/recheck/security?
I kind of don't want to do an overnight in BKK, but because of that I'm being more paranoid than my usual "ah, it'll be fine".
Old Sep 1, 2022, 9:57 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
on the question whether you get checked through from your original destination to Koh Samui: BR and PG have an interline agreement and it is possible that you can check through luggage and get both boarding passes at your original departure destination. But it not guaranteed as you have separate tickets. Depends on the check in agent but I would say probability is over 50%
if it is not possible you just go through normal immigration and exit and take the elevator up to departure area and check in again; plenty of time and no issues at all: the fast track for inbound immigration is new on the far right in the first arrival hall opposite D4 gate; outbound domestic no fast lane
if you have no luggage, you can stay airside and use transit desk or OLCI and go through transit immigration (intersection A/B/C/D) directly into the domestic terminal (A and B) there is no fast track at transit immigration and security is later in front of the gate
DJ Bitterbarn likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2022, 10:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G, AC, IHG Plat AMB
Thanks! That's great info and definitely helps. My backup plan was always to attempt OLCI in TPE on our layover, but I'm going to see if they can do the full check in at LAX.

Would you say that 4h should be enough to do everything in the worst case if we don't have luggage?
Old Sep 3, 2022, 6:40 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by DJ Bitterbarn
Thanks! That's great info and definitely helps. My backup plan was always to attempt OLCI in TPE on our layover, but I'm going to see if they can do the full check in at LAX.

Would you say that 4h should be enough to do everything in the worst case if we don't have luggage?
of course...even with luggage

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.