Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Ko Samui ferry/shuttle combo to URT/Surat Thani question

So I'm booked through Nok Air on itinerary that looked like this:

8 am catch ferry Ko Samui
(hour ferry ride)
9:ish am catch bus
(hour bus ride)
1 pm fly out of URT to DMK

It's one of those all-in-one combos with Lomprayah that handles all the travel and gets around the rather spendy USM-BKK flight (at the cost of some time).

So, now there's a schedule change for the Nok Air flight (grr):

8 am catch ferry Ko Samui
(hour ferry ride)
9:ish am catch bus
(hour bus ride)
2:30 pm fly out of URT to DMK

So I'm looking at 3 to 4-ish hours waiting around at a provincial airport in Southern Thailand for my flight.

Uh, no, not so much wanting to do this.

So I am wondering, my understanding of the process is you get a sticker slapped on you when you show up at the pier so they know where the farang is supposed to be going and get carted ferry->bus->airport. Or something like that.

Is it possible to show up at the pier in Ko Samui for a later ferry (figuring on needing at least a 3-4 hours for transit)? Can you break off and head into town for lunch at some logical point (yeah, I might have to get a cab to/from the airport or something, fine)?

I'll be in carryon-only luggage (so no need to check anything, though I guess I might have to lug it around town).
Old Dec 12, 2012, 10:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
I've kind of wondered the same thing. We're doing one of these "combos" to Koh Phangan. On the return, the timings are logical and don't waste any time, but on the outbound I think we have 2-3 hours at the airport before the bus takes us.

I'd certainly be interested in either going for lunch while waiting or taking an earlier bus / ferry even if that meant on our own dime. (ferry is only 1,000 baht and I can't imagine a bus being much at all)...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.