Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Recommended Thai massage place in Bangkok

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2011, 11:41 pm
Original Poster

Recommended Thai massage place in Bangkok

Tried health land and King and I.... Anybody have alternative suggestions where one can get a great traditional Thai massage in a nice environment??
Old Apr 1, 2011, 6:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by RA-wannabe
Tried health land and King and I.... Anybody have alternative suggestions where one can get a great traditional Thai massage in a nice environment??
Not sure what you're asking. Do you mean that you tried Healthland and King and I and found them 1) not great, 2) not traditional Thai massage, 3) not nice environment? All three? What are you lookoing for?
Old Apr 1, 2011, 9:21 am

Are you looking for a good $4 hour massage, or a $80 hour massage? Trying to figure your budget first.
Old Apr 5, 2011, 5:24 pm

Location: DALLAS,TX AA EXP-3MM, HYT PLAT, SPG PLAT,HLT GLD,LEADERS CLUB
This is my new place when I am in town: www.lavanabangkok.com
Thai massage 1 hour 450 baht

off of Sukhumvit 12 they take appointments til 11 pm and close at 2 am

lots of couples and a large japaneese clientele. Very nice place
Old Apr 6, 2011, 4:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by PETEFLYS
This is my new place when I am in town: www.lavanabangkok.com ... Thai massage 1 hour 450 baht ... off of Sukhumvit 12 they take appointments til 11 pm and close at 2 am ... lots of couples and a large japaneese clientele. Very nice place
Ah, yes, very nice place. I'm a regular there, too. The first time you go, they will give you a card, like a frequent purchase card. Each massage gets you a stamp on the card. After ten, I believe that you get a free oil massage. For Thai massages, go for two hours, -- the difference in what you get is noticeable. Two hours will be 650 baht. If you go early in the morning, they usually offer you a free breakfast. It's free, yes, but i'd give it a C/C-. Take a pass.
Old Apr 9, 2011, 8:22 am
Original Poster

I've tried a few spas in Bangkok... Here's my review

Lavana : In the middle of "nowhere" along a Soi which is deep inside. Prices are ridiculously high. Doesn't seem to be good value for money. However, they did offer a good massage.

Urban Retreat : It's constantly busy... Always sold out. It's cheaper than Lavana and a better value for money. However the therapist you get is a toss up. I went twice, the first time the thai massage was fantastic, the second time, it was horrible. The therapist was constantly talking to a fellow therapist in the same room.

The King and I : Along the same road as Lavana. Cheaper than Lavana, Had to squeeze into a tiny elevator to get to therapy rooms. Thai Massages are done in "communal rooms". However, the massages are quite good.

Healthland : Feels like a massage assembly line. Constantly filled with customers. The therapist doesn't feel connected with you and they just want to get their job done and get away. Not worth your time and money.
Old Apr 30, 2011, 6:53 pm

Programs: AA Plat, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Not sure what environment you like/dislike nor did you mention your preferred price range, but we found the Hansar Spa on Soi 1 (near Bumrungrad) to be decent (clean, fairly reasonable price--ask about the special discount of the day)

More expensive and higher end, but also nice is Rarinjinda at the Grande Centre Point hotel (down the little soi at the corner of Ratchadamri where the Four Seasons is located)

You can certainly get much cheaper -- just depends what you want.
Old May 2, 2011, 10:13 am

Cefle Massage

This is a very busy massage facility, primarily japanese customers but excellent. There are 3-4 floors, some public area with mats and curtains and some with private rooms (for couples or women).

I've been going for many years, pay B$300 for 120 minutes and if it's my regular gal [older woman], give her another B$300 tip. It's located on Sukhumvit, Soi 33 (yes 33) among the red-light district - but I want to emphasize this is completely legit establishment and not x-rated!

Here's more information: http://www.soidb.com/en/bangkok/rela...age/cefle.html
Old May 2, 2011, 11:31 am

For anybody interested in a low price option (a.k.a. $4 for an hour) there are a plethora of massage places on Sukhumvit soi 77. There's a bunch of them!! And very easy skytrain access as it's just a block or so away from On Nut.

Googling brought up this result: http://www.allsiam.net/best-massage.html
Old May 4, 2011, 8:02 am

Programs: UAL 1MM, AA,
Tonphai Massage in Thonburi, South of Peninsula

This week I had several massages at Tonphai located in Thonburi, South of Peninsula.
The atmosphere was very relaxed in this small place...nice music...water fall...private booths. Friendly owner speaks english and german. Nice staff too.

Easy to get to this Location
On the west side of Charoennakorn Road, just North of Soi 17 (087 9333-576)
How to get there: Take skytrain to Thaksin; take 3 baht ferry across river (pay on west side); walk west through park to Charoennakorn Road; turn left and walk south; it is on west side of street 100 feet north of 7-11 (10 minute walk from ferry).
massages in 200-400 range (prices will vary)
Old Jan 5, 2012, 9:06 pm

Programs: AS 100K
Hey-dee ho, Thai experts!

Sorry to revive this old thread, but was thinking it would be better than starting a new one.

My girlfriend and I have one full day in Bangkok and we're looking for the perfect massage. Here are the criteria:

1) Preferably near Silom or off a nearby BTS stop. I don't think our day travels will take us to Sukhumvit, so that's probably out.
2) Private room preferred
3) Couples massage even better
4) 1 hour Thai or oil massage
5) Would like to spend 400B per person (800B total) before tip. Could maybe go to 1000B total budget if it's really the best in town.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
FMLAX

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.