Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Thailand
Reload this Page >

What airlines give pass for BKK Fast Track ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 24, 2014, 6:01 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Flying Yazata
Read me first!

All airlines (although see note about TG) appear to give them departing from Bangkok, so the list below is mostly useful for inbound. It's important to remember that this is Thailand so just because an airline has given them out before is no guide they'll be given out in your case. It's worth asking both air-crew and the ground crew at the gate for them, as they're also occasionally forgotten. Thus the list below tends to reflect "this airline has given them out at least once" rather than being any guide to what will actually happen...

List

AI (Air India) - J arrival and departure
AF (Air France) - J arrival (distributed in the jetway leaving the aircraft), J and W departures
AY (Finnair) - J arrival (jetway) and departure
BA (British Airways) - J arrival and departure (BE AWARE there have been instances where cabin crew have not handed out the pass and when asked either only given to the asking passenger or advised they aren't given out)
CX (Cathay Pacific) - J/F arrival and departure, OWE departure
EK (Emirates) - J/F arrival and departure, Gold and above in Y excluded by local rules
EY (Etihad) - arrival (criteria unknown)
HU (Hainan Airlines) - J departure only
HX (Hong Kong Airlines) - J departure and J arrival
JL (Japan Airlines) - J/F arrival and departure
KE (Korean Air) - J arrival and departure, assume F as well
LX (Swiss Airlines) - J departure
LY (El Al) - arrival and departure for J+F plus KD
MH (Malaysian Airlines) - J arrival and departure, OWE departure
NH (ANA) - departure, J also arrival (4/2016)
OS (Austrian) - J departure
OZ (Asiana) - J arrival and departure (no OZ F service in BKK) (no arrival 26/03/16)
PG (Bangkok Airways) - Blue Ribbon (C) or Premier ongoing for arrival and departure
QR (Qatar Airways) - J arrival and departure, OWS (or above) departure
RJ (Royal Jordanian) - J and OWR (or above) departure, J arrival,OWR (or above) in Y (if you manage to find RJ staff at the jet bridge)
SQ (Singapore Airlines) - J arrival and departure or PPS Club/Solitaire, sometimes on request only
SU (Aeroflot) - J arrival and departure
TG (Thai Airways) - F/J have dedicated security area at airport for outbound, for arrivals not given but your boarding pass is sufficient
TK (Turkish Airlines) - J arrival
UL (Sri Lankan Airlines) - J/OWS (or above) arrival and departure
VN (Vietnam Airlines) - J departure only

Notes:

1) Immigration seems to only care about the airline stamp. Recent experience continues to be hassle free when the printed date and/or names do not match or are not filled in. YMMV. Edit: In early June (2015) was told by dragon to fill in the name field on the Fast Track voucher. She then checked to see if it matched BP name.

2) If you're inbound to BKK and have not received a voucher onboard the aircraft, be sure to ask!

3) Fast track vouchers do not have to be used on the date issued. If regular immigration queues are short on your arrival date, it's often worthwhile to pocket the voucher for a different arrival date when you may not have premium access (or to give as a gift to friends/family coming to visit).
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2010, 8:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Plat, BMI Gold, Subway Sandwich Mustard and was UAL 1K for 2010, now 1K for 2011 too :)

Hi

when I am leaving BKK I get a Fast Track pass from United , not that it really matters at 6am,

But how do I get one for arrivals ?

who gets to use the Fast Track lane ? First class , Platinum FF or ????

At arrivals is it a separate pass or do they just look at your boarding card ?

Thanks for the info

Rally
Old Nov 2, 2010, 10:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by rally
Hi

when I am leaving BKK I get a Fast Track pass from United , not that it really matters at 6am,

But how do I get one for arrivals ?

who gets to use the Fast Track lane ? First class , Platinum FF or ????

At arrivals is it a separate pass or do they just look at your boarding card ?

Thanks for the info

Rally
I've received a handful of them from SQ as well, who give them for departing and arriving pax. If you don't want to use it upon departure then don't. It is the same card for arrivals.

Fastrack cards are not perishable.
Old Nov 2, 2010, 11:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Plat, BMI Gold, Subway Sandwich Mustard and was UAL 1K for 2010, now 1K for 2011 too :)
ooh I thought they had dates on them

Rally
Old Nov 2, 2010, 11:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Immigration is only collecting the passes, they don't give a second look at the rest.
Old Nov 3, 2010, 11:17 am
Original Poster

Ummm OK....
I will start collecting them

But I asked at the United Red Carpet club at Narita and they did not have any or really understand what I was looking for, I can see how United at LAX would not have any but would have thought that Narita being an asian hub would, well I was wrong,

Rally
Old Nov 4, 2010, 4:23 am

Programs: most of them
QR gives fast track passes on arrival and departure. But my 6 AM ish arrival really didn't need one.

Unfortunately Druk Air does not give fast track passes. Would have come in handy yesterday. Around 5PM the passport control lines were all really long. And the 5 PM shift change made for even longer waits while the new officers got all of their stamps in order.
Old Nov 4, 2010, 9:03 am

Programs: SPG GOLD / BA GOLD/Club Carlson Gold/AMEX Plat.
OP states what airlines give Fast Track ..Does anyone know if SK (SAS) does it has well ?.. I will be flying C class (Z fare). If they dont, should I opt to do the Bangkok Travel Services ?

Thanks
Old Nov 4, 2010, 9:03 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, 1.5 Million Mile Flyer
Where's the love? I've departed BKK about 18 times in the past 5-6 years, all on UA, all as a 1K, and all in C, and have never seen a Fast Track pass once.
Old Nov 4, 2010, 9:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by braslvr
Where's the love? I've departed BKK about 18 times in the past 5-6 years, all on UA, all as a 1K, and all in C, and have never seen a Fast Track pass once.
Just ask for one !

no idea if the old airport had a Fast Track, but I have got them the last few times by just asking....

One thing, the Fast Track does not open as early as the regular lines. I have had to wait a few minutes for them to open up....

Rally
Old Nov 4, 2010, 10:01 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, 1.5 Million Mile Flyer
Just ask for one

Rally
I will now that I know they exist. @:-)
Old Nov 5, 2010, 11:38 am

I will now that I know they exist. @:-)
Most of the time when I pass through Thai immigration at Suvarnabhumi the bags are barely just coming out if at all. I rarely have much of a wait at immigration. I do walk briskly and pass a lot of passengers on the way to immigration though. Usually I have enough time to change some money and even make a head call before I have to worry about bags.
Old Nov 5, 2010, 12:37 pm
Original Poster

what time do you arrive ?

at around 11pm there are many flights arriving and the lines are pretty long,

Rally
Old Nov 6, 2010, 4:30 am

what time do you arrive ?

at around 11pm there are many flights arriving and the lines are pretty long,

Rally
I fly in on Delta and before that Northwest - rarely any long wait at all! These are late arrivals near midnight! I usually have time for money changing and toilet break and still have to wait for my bag to show to even with a priority tag on it!

I am selective on what lines I stand in. I know that contract workers from China, or certain countries like that, will take longer screening. Contract workers often have the same jackets on and same awol bags. Thai immigration officials more thoroughly check some nationalities a little longer than those from the UK, Au, US, Japan, NZ, etc.

I gain more time by not dawdling after leaving the plane too! Business class passengers get off first but by the time I am at the immigration booths they are behind me.

Good luck.

Last edited by Sirhalberd; Nov 6, 2010 at 4:39 am
Old Nov 6, 2010, 11:42 am

Programs: UA Gold 1mm, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
I fly in/out BKK several times each year. This year is the first time I remember getting the Fast Track pass at exit. This year beginning in Feb. I got the Fast Track without asking for it. I think maybe they just started this year. 1K in C. They just hand over the pass when they give you the bps. If they don't give, ask.
Old Nov 6, 2010, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mgmsteven
I fly in/out BKK several times each year. This year is the first time I remember getting the Fast Track pass at exit. This year beginning in Feb. I got the Fast Track without asking for it. I think maybe they just started this year. 1K in C. They just hand over the pass when they give you the bps. If they don't give, ask.
There should not be a need to ask.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.