Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TG J Class amenity kits?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2019, 7:12 am

Programs: Thai ROP Platinum; BA Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium For Life; IHG Diamond Ambassador
The best J Class amenity bags were the black canvas Tumi ones. Absolutely the best for cables, medicines, etc., I cannot even remember what the actual amenities were like but I still have about 7 of the bags in daily use!!!
SKT-DK, BinSabai, royng and 1 others like this.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 2:15 am

Originally Posted by BinSabai
their Marketing director read on this FT board about the amenity kit collectors...now they intend to offer as many different as possible...
In that regard, what became of the Australian guy appointed as the Thai marketing maven? IIRC, he even made a fleeting appearance on this forum before disappearing without trace, some years ago now.
In respect of the kits: they should stick with Furla and give up on the Greyhound ( the cross bag zipper on the latter does not work well). It’s a pity they don’t do something a bit more Thai: if not Jim Thompson then even that other well-known silk/cotton brand/shop( the name of which I forget).
Old Jan 21, 2019, 3:54 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by paolo64
In that regard, what became of the Australian guy appointed as the Thai marketing maven? IIRC, he even made a fleeting appearance on this forum before disappearing without trace, some years ago now.

"Some years ago" in TG terms means many rounds of management, so that would be anybody's guess I am afraid
In respect of the kits: they should stick with Furla and give up on the Greyhound ( the cross bag zipper on the latter does not work well). It’s a pity they don’t do something a bit more Thai: if not Jim Thompson then even that other well-known silk/cotton brand/shop( the name of which I forget).
Jim Thompson would be a good idea actually - something different, yet nice enough. Definitely several steps up from Greyhound!
The other brand you cannot remember - is that Naraya? - if so, I have had a few of those on TG and they were far from impressive (although we ended up using them to house money, phone etc when going to the beach).
Old Jan 21, 2019, 4:30 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
... It’s a pity they don’t do something a bit more Thai: if not Jim Thompson then even that other well-known silk/cotton brand/shop( the name of which I forget).
Naraya?
Old Jan 21, 2019, 4:15 pm

@SKT-DK, @BinSabai
Yes, Naraya. I’d forgotten that TG used to have them ( and that they weren’t great). But that was a poor choice of fabric/design, as Naraya does have some nice things in their stores. But Furla is the best of the current ‘pot luck’ offerings.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 7:31 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
@SKT-DK, @BinSabai
Yes, Naraya. I’d forgotten that TG used to have them ( and that they weren’t great). But that was a poor choice of fabric/design, as Naraya does have some nice things in their stores. But Furla is the best of the current ‘pot luck’ offerings.
Frankly, I have the impression, that the quality of Naraya is pretty inconsistent. I have seen nice things and I have seen pretty inferior quality.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 9:15 pm

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by BinSabai
Frankly, I have the impression, that the quality of Naraya is pretty inconsistent. I have seen nice things and I have seen pretty inferior quality.
Agree - the Naraya one is pretty much as cheap as can get
Old Feb 14, 2019, 8:25 am

Mandarina Duck on 465 to Melbourne. Dark green with yellow trim. Quite nice, certainly better than average.
Old Feb 15, 2019, 11:31 pm

Mel to BKK on a A350 was a Lacoste kit.
Old Feb 16, 2019, 12:46 am

Programs: TG ROP Gold, SQ KF Gold, Marriott Ambassador Elite, Accor ALL Plat., Shangri-La Jade, GHA Plat.
HND-BKK yesterday on a 744 (74N), Lacoste too...
Old Feb 28, 2019, 3:05 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Accor Gold, SQ*G, MH Platinum, Marriot Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire Ambassador
A drop-dead awful BRIGHT RED with yellow trimmings on my BKK-BOM flight a few nights ago... I wish the colors can be a bit more gender-neutral.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 3:37 am

Originally Posted by metcalve
A drop-dead awful BRIGHT RED with yellow trimmings on my BKK-BOM flight a few nights ago... I wish the colors can be a bit more gender-neutral.
What does red and yellow have to do with gender?
BinSabai likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 3:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by metcalve
That's the Mandarina Duck kit, right? I like that one.
BinSabai likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 6:36 am

Programs: TG ROP Gold, SQ KF Gold, Marriott Ambassador Elite, Accor ALL Plat., Shangri-La Jade, GHA Plat.
I had this Mandarina Duck on BKK-CDG two nights ago, and I like it too. Don’t really understand the gender comment...
SKT-DK and BinSabai like this.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 1:42 am

Programs: UA *G 1MM LT United Club & Global Entry
Clownish

Received the red Mandarina on BKK-ARN last week. Hedious color sceme for sure. The gaudy red and yellow trim combination reminded me of Ronald McDonald.

SL

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.