Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

BKK Departures Shopping - Victoria's Secret?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2013, 7:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: Diamond Hyatt; Platinum DL, AA, SPG; Gold UA

We're flying to BKK tomorrow (domestic inbound) and my wife is looking to stop at the Victoria's Secret that is (purportedly) in the departures area at BKK.

Does anyone know if and how we can get ourselves from Domestic arrivals (Thai Airways) to the departures shopping area without an ongoing int'l ticket?

Alternatively, we leave on an int'l flight later in the week, but it's a 9:30am flight. Any idea how early the stores might open?
Old Sep 1, 2013, 2:06 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
after your flights are done I assume you have experienced the answers to your questions
my guess:
- no way to get from domestic arrival into the international departure shopping area without an ongoing international ticket. (domestic arrivals and departures are on the same level so you can hit the domestic shopping area also on arrival).
- shops in the international departure area open sometimes between 0530 and 0800 without clear common opening times
Old Sep 2, 2013, 3:41 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Platinum Premier, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by mcavin
We're flying to BKK tomorrow (domestic inbound) and my wife is looking to stop at the Victoria's Secret that is (purportedly) in the departures area at BKK.

Does anyone know if and how we can get ourselves from Domestic arrivals (Thai Airways) to the departures shopping area without an ongoing int'l ticket?

Alternatively, we leave on an int'l flight later in the week, but it's a 9:30am flight. Any idea how early the stores might open?
Just a FYI I was in the international hall at BKK yesterday and the Victoria secret there isn't worth visiting. There isn't much lingerie a d underwear. It's mostly cosmetic accessories and clothing.
Old Sep 3, 2013, 12:46 pm

Programs: Thai reborn Platinum , EY Platinum ,Annie's Preferred Guest , Knauber Hobbymarkt Rabattkarte
With all due respect , so to say most respectfully , I may suggest much better solutions in case Mrs Mcavin wishes to , again respectfully , upgrade her .. oh dear what to say . What I wish to say is there are much better , actually more inspiring solutions to .. Anyhow you know what I mean .

I would , in other words , not speculate on a Victoria`s Secret store based on an Asian airport to purchase this kind of underwear .

But would go elsewhere

nuff said .
Old Sep 8, 2013, 10:30 pm

Programs: Thai ROP Platinum; BA Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Titanium For Life; IHG Diamond Ambassador
+1

I agree...not worth visiting.

Spend the money you were going to spend on VS lingerie in the Jo Malone store and get a customised scent...much better value...and no questions asked if, when traveling alone, Customs open your bag and find ladies lingerie in there, or a pair of pink fur covered handcuffs, as once happened with my wife's luggage in Beijing.........

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.