Search

GUP on A380

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2013, 12:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: ROP Gold
GUP on A380

Dear all

Does anyone here know if Thai has any restrictions implemented to prevent GUP to be redeemed for an upgrade from economy to business as it is a new product?

Or has anyone here had any experience using his / her GUP on a A380 flight, even better on TG921...

Appreciate your comments.

Last edited by anaidross; Jul 4, 2013 at 8:56 am
Old Jul 3, 2013, 10:51 pm

used my GUP from Y to J on TG921 in January this year. reserved it in September 2012 though. hopefully nothing has changed since then.

as far as I know it comes from paid inventory (J?) as well. they see it as a higher entitlement than award upgrades.
Old Jul 3, 2013, 11:02 pm

Programs: TK G
Same here. No problem using the GUP for the A380.

Used my GUP from Y to J on TG921 for Jan 2014. Supposed to be the A380, let's see .

Used 50% award sale to book J on TG920 for Aug 2013. Should be the A380 as well.

Cheers ^

Fraserman
Old Jul 4, 2013, 9:30 pm

Programs: ROP *G
Seems as if everyone here is able to book so far in advanced!

Unfortunately I don't know my schedule until the last min and was wondering if using a GUP prior to 2 weeks of flying is possible and able to secure the seating? If it helps it would be from BKK ->LAX -> BKK
Old Jul 23, 2013, 3:00 pm

Programs: A3*G, UA PP, MR LTTE, was HH/D now Gold
GUP is given as long P/J class is open (instant upgrade) or A/D class available (waitlist usually 12-24h). Thai is not SQ, so A380 upgrades are available as normal on other planes.

just redeemed GUP2 TG920/921 for royal silk with no availability in I/J class.

Originally Posted by Mchamp
Seems as if everyone here is able to book so far in advanced!

Unfortunately I don't know my schedule until the last min and was wondering if using a GUP prior to 2 weeks of flying is possible and able to secure the seating? If it helps it would be from BKK ->LAX -> BKK
Old Jul 30, 2013, 1:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: ROP Gold
Just upgraded my economy ticket to business on the A380 using my GUP from / to FRA.

Today, I received a call that I need to pay an extra EUR90 more for fuel surcharges.

This is something new to me as I always just need to pay for the economy ticket and ask to use my GUP.

Is this something new that Thai has implemented?
Old Jul 30, 2013, 9:05 pm

Programs: ROP
Originally Posted by anaidross
Just upgraded my economy ticket to business on the A380 using my GUP from / to FRA.

Today, I received a call that I need to pay an extra EUR90 more for fuel surcharges.

This is something new to me as I always just need to pay for the economy ticket and ask to use my GUP.

TG charges the fuel surcharge in premium classes more than economy class.
Old Jul 30, 2013, 10:13 pm

Programs: TK G
Originally Posted by anaidross

Yes, I experienced the same. As Joy16 pointed out, TG is charging higher Tax/Surcharges for premium classes.

You can check the accurate amount of difference by making a dummy booking for eco/bus/first.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.