Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

Good news: 25% award discount; bad news: email is illegible

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2012, 4:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: Turkish Elite, AA Platinum, Royal Orchid Plus Silver

I guess people at THAI HQs were too befuddled about the change at the top to do things right.
Just got an email announcing 25% discount on award travel. But unfortunately all it contains are a bunch of graphics files, none of which contains the details.
I could really use the 25% right now, as we get into the summer.
Old May 21, 2012, 5:21 am

Programs: TG ROP Gold, Lifetime OZ Diamond Plus, BA Gold
They mention the gold 50% off deal in the email, but don't specifically say if it can be combined with the 25% off or not. At least not that I could see. I assume not, but if so it was a bit strange that they'd even mention the 50% off. I've got some miles expiring at the end of the year, but hoping they'll do the usual 6-month extension so I can burn them next year. But if I can combine the 25% and 50%, I'll have to consider doing it this year instead.

All the graphics are is just that, some graphics, without any text, other than, "Award Seats 25% less", "Thai Royal Orchid Plus", and "eOffer, May 2012". For anyone who didn't get the email, here's the contents:
Dear xxxx,

As an elite tier Gold status member your Gold Award 2012 entitles you to a 50% mileage reduction on THAI Air Awards this year.

Now, you can also take advantage of redeeming THAI Air Awards at 25% less miles, on all international routes and in all classes of service during 01 June - 15 September 2012.

While this offer is available to all Royal Orchid Plus members, we invite you as an elite Gold status member to redeem, and commence travel earlier if you wish, during an exclusive top tier pre-offer booking period from 21-31 May. This advance booking period will give you top priority when redeeming this special award for your preferred travel dates.

During the 11 day pre-offer period, and until 15 September 2012, bookings can be made instantly online at www.thaiairways.com/rop when departing from Thailand, Euro zone countries, Australia and Japan.

Log into your account using your membership number and PIN, at Redeeming Miles, click on Air Awards followed by International.

Bookings can also be made by contacting THAI reservations world-wide. Kindly identify yourself as a Gold status member, and reservation staff will be pleased to assist you.

Terms and Conditions: 25% mileage reduction is valid on all THAI operated flights and in all classes of service for roundtrip travel that may commence 21 May 2012 for Platinum and Gold status members only, with all travel completed by 15 September 2012. This offer is valid for redemption by members or their Award Nominees. Award seating is subject to availability. No re-routing or mileage re-credit permitted after ticket issue.
Old May 21, 2012, 5:30 am

Programs: TG*G VA Plat
My email came through OK. Although I admit it could have been worded better. I doubt that it can be used in addition to the 50% award.

Having said that, I don't see why they needed to mention the 50% award in the email if the two cannot be combined.

Someone more motivated than me give them a call to find out
Old May 21, 2012, 11:07 pm

BTW. What is that seat in the illustration in the email? I never saw it before on any Thai equipment.
Old May 22, 2012, 2:40 am

Programs: ROP/G, *G, IHG Ambassador, HHonors G, 1865 Voyager, MP Gold
Originally Posted by lostom
BTW. What is that seat in the illustration in the email? I never saw it before on any Thai equipment.
It's the biz seats on the A380
Old May 23, 2012, 12:24 am

Programs: All statuses lapsed; now I'm just a free-agent, and loving it!
Originally Posted by Airbumps
My email came through OK. Although I admit it could have been worded better. I doubt that it can be used in addition to the 50% award.

Having said that, I don't see why they needed to mention the 50% award in the email if the two cannot be combined.

Someone more motivated than me give them a call to find out
+1

And I did have a potential opportunity to use this, so asked about combining the 25% and 50% off promotions. It's either/or, but not combined.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.