Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Thai Airways | Royal Orchid Plus
Reload this Page >

Why is there no BKK <-> KTM Economy from Sep to Dec 2011?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2011, 8:58 am
Original Poster

Hi all,

I'm planning a trip and it involves having a connection from BKK to KTM in November. Two weeks ago all the reward seats were available and then all of a sudden, they were GONE from mid Sep to mid December!?!? How can that be possible? Does anyone have the same experience before? Are the seats really sold out or is the airline holding the seats? The business class is available though.

Any idea / comments / advice welcome! Thanks!
Old May 3, 2011, 5:08 am

Programs: CX DM, TG *G, HH DM
My guess would be...

Originally Posted by tyatt
Two weeks ago all the reward seats were available and then all of a sudden, they were GONE from mid Sep to mid December!?!? How can that be possible? Any idea / comments / advice welcome! Thanks!
That is the peak trekking-season, so I would guess that they their load of paying pax is solid enough not to set aside award seats. And not that many trekkers fly C, so in C they can keep availability. Let me stress that this is a guess only, but living here and travelling a lot I do see the differences in loads during peak- and off-peak travelling.
Old May 3, 2011, 5:42 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, TG Gold, Starwood Gold, Marriott Gold
Even cheaper paid tickets have gone mostly. Apart from high trekking season, it's also the time of major festivals in Nepal. Loads of Nepalis from abroad travel to Nepal during Sept-Oct. So, I suspect rewards availability during this period, unless you have status with TG is gonna be tough.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.