Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Taxis at IAH

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2019, 9:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines, Continental, United, Southwest, BA, Marriott Rewards, Hilton Honors, Hyatt
Taxis at IAH

I made the mistake of not using Uber or Lyft last night to get to my hotel in Houston. It was 1:00 am and it took about 15 minutes for a taxi to arrive. He was already pissy because I was only going to the Marriott, but the shuttle to the hotel was broken. He tried to tell me I was staying at the JW (further away) before he agreed to drive me to the Marriott at a Princess Diana rate of speed. Upon drop-off he insisted that he only can accept cash after midnight (makes sense - who doesn't want a pocket full of cash after hours?). I told him I wasn't paying cash and only using my credit card. I thought these days of playing games with taxi drivers was over, but I continue to run into it in New Orleans and Houston. So aggravated and to file a complaint, you have to have it notarized in order to submit. Rant over! Company was SM Towncar.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.