Wiki Posts
Search

DFW airport plane spotting / kid friendly spots / no status on any airline

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2010, 9:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH Gold; Marriott Gold; Hertz #1 5*
DFW airport plane spotting / kid friendly spots / no status on any airline

I have a 2:05 hour layover coming up at the DFW layover on a Monday morning on mainline AA to mainline AA.

Are there any cool places to do any plane spotting?

Any kid friendly out of the way quiet comfortable places (no lounge access for us)?

Restaurant recommendations for an early lunch / late breakfast?

We'd be coming from SAT and hopefully we'll already have hit Kreuz Market or Smitty's Market over the weekend ...

Any tips and tricks would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Old May 10, 2010, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
The best plane-spotting (at least without leaving the terminal areas via car or cab) is from the Skylink. The airside train runs a loop around the entire airport, above the gates, and provides great views of the planes and runways. The kids will love it. A full circle takes 20 minutes.

Here's one pic from the Slylink I found via Google.

The usual consensus is that the best restaurants are in the international Terminal D. That may vary depending on how old the kids are.
Old May 10, 2010, 12:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by swag
The best plane-spotting (at least without leaving the terminal areas via car or cab) is from the Skylink. The airside train runs a loop around the entire airport, above the gates, and provides great views of the planes and runways. The kids will love it. A full circle takes 20 minutes.
That sounds like exactly what I am looking for.

Thanks!
Old May 10, 2010, 4:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold 1.9 MM flying my way to LT PLAT
SkyLink is free and within the security areas so you don't have to clear TSA again.

Look for the DFW Ambassadors by the SkyLink stations. Those wonderful volunteers have great ideas for how to fed and entertain children. They wear special vests and hats and have a podium where they stand.
Old May 10, 2010, 5:32 pm
Original Poster

Wirelessly posted (RIM BB 8130e: BlackBerry8330/5.0.0.438 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/106)

That is a nice touch. I will be sure to take advantage of that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.