FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Support and Feedback (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/technical-support-feedback-386/)
-   -   Subscribed to threads not being delivered: (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/technical-support-feedback/996750-subscribed-threads-not-being-delivered.html)

bsdstone Sep 19, 2009 2:43 pm

Subscribed to threads not being delivered:

anyone know how to fix this? I am subscribed to 6 threads and have signed up to be notified via email...never seem to get any emails.
Any suggestions?

Efrem Sep 21, 2009 8:05 am

Go to MyFlyerTalk, then click "List Subscriptions" in the control panel on the left. Check the notification type in the list. It may be set to "no email notification." If it is, check the box at the top right of the list, to check all the individual subscriptions, and change the notification type via the "Selected Threads" pull-down menu at the lower right of the list. If you don't want the same type of notification for all your subscribed threads, check them individually or in groups and do the same.

A second possible culprit is that FT has an old e-mail address for you and it doesn't work any more. Go to "Edit Email & Password" in the control panel to check that.

If the notification type is already set to something else, you're sure there have been posts in at least some of your subscribed threads, and your e-mail address is correct, please post here again. Someone will think of more possible reasons.

bsdstone Sep 21, 2009 10:01 pm

Originally Posted by Efrem (Post 12412914)
Go to MyFlyerTalk, then click "List Subscriptions" in the control panel on the left. Check the notification type in the list. It may be set to "no email notification." If it is, check the box at the top right of the list, to check all the individual subscriptions, and change the notification type via the "Selected Threads" pull-down menu at the lower right of the list. If you don't want the same type of notification for all your subscribed threads, check them individually or in groups and do the same.

A second possible culprit is that FT has an old e-mail address for you and it doesn't work any more. Go to "Edit Email & Password" in the control panel to check that.

If the notification type is already set to something else, you're sure there have been posts in at least some of your subscribed threads, and your e-mail address is correct, please post here again. Someone will think of more possible reasons.

I did everything you suggested...I was subscribed to 6 threads...all of which had instant email notification on them...email address is correct...still not getting anything.
I deleted 4 threads and am down to two threads, and changed it to daily notification...we'll see if that works!
Thanks, Efrem, for you suggestions, I truly appreciate it!

Anyone else wanna offer anything up?

Mikel at Webflyer Sep 23, 2009 4:09 pm

Have your changes worked? And to which threads are you subscribed?

bsdstone Sep 28, 2009 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by Mikel at Webflyer (Post 12427216)
Have your changes worked? And to which threads are you subscribed?

They have not worked...and I'm subscribed to this thread, among others!;)

Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated!

Mikel at Webflyer Sep 30, 2009 10:37 am

This issue has been elevated ... will let you know when it is resolved.

IB-Dick Sep 30, 2009 11:10 am

Your problem might be with the @yahoo.com email address you're using. Gmail really upped the bar with its spam protection and other email services have been trying to play catch-up for a while. One of the things they have been doing is aggressively blocking auto-generated emails-- like the ones that this forum sends. Gmail's approach is to let everything in and then intelligently filter them into your spam box. Yahoo (and others) approach has been to completely deny emails coming from server blocks known to send large volumes of auto-generated emails. We have had problems with Yahoo in the past, along with Verizon and SBCGlobal. We are obviously at risk because of the number of large forum sites that we own and operate.

I will inform our network people that we are having another problem with Yahoo and they will investigate it. Hopefully, they will be able to make some progress on the issue.

From the tests that I've done, the mail queue is otherwise working properly.

bsdstone Oct 2, 2009 9:02 am

Originally Posted by IB-Dick (Post 12462783)
Your problem might be with the @yahoo.com email address you're using. Gmail really upped the bar with its spam protection and other email services have been trying to play catch-up for a while. One of the things they have been doing is aggressively blocking auto-generated emails-- like the ones that this forum sends. Gmail's approach is to let everything in and then intelligently filter them into your spam box. Yahoo (and others) approach has been to completely deny emails coming from server blocks known to send large volumes of auto-generated emails. We have had problems with Yahoo in the past, along with Verizon and SBCGlobal. We are obviously at risk because of the number of large forum sites that we own and operate.

I will inform our network people that we are having another problem with Yahoo and they will investigate it. Hopefully, they will be able to make some progress on the issue.

From the tests that I've done, the mail queue is otherwise working properly.

Is there any way for me to add flyertalk to my address book? Would that even be helpful?

b8b Oct 14, 2009 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by Efrem (Post 12412914)

I am having the same problem. However, I sometimes get subscriptions, but usually don't. I followed all the troubleshooting steps. I do get PM's emailed to me. I checked my gmail spam folder, nothing from FT. Strange. I will subscribe to this thread, but I am not sure I will get it, please PM me if you find a solution? Thanks!

moondog Nov 14, 2009 4:07 pm

bumpp

halothane Nov 15, 2009 1:28 am

I've not been getting my updates via e-mail since the site came back up. Anybody else having this trouble?

Halothane

Aus_Mal Nov 15, 2009 1:32 am

Originally Posted by halothane (Post 12820867)
I've not been getting my updates via e-mail since the site came back up. Anybody else having this trouble?

Received my first one a few mins ago.

Fredd Nov 15, 2009 11:22 am

I'm not getting them and I've rechecked my settings. I notice that I lost one subscribed thread (Travel Buzz) at some point as well.

Pat89339 Nov 15, 2009 11:32 pm

I've receive 1 or 2 but that's it. I generally receive around 20 or so a night.

Fredd Nov 16, 2009 7:16 pm

I'm still not getting any of them.