Wiki Posts
Search

New Forum Layout / Design Feedback

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2017, 4:15 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by nmh1204
wow. one change we asked for. What about all the others, IB? The colour and sizing make it very difficult to read anything. I hardly use this site now that you've shown you couldn't care less about the people that use this site
If you've done a good job following the various conversations, you'll note that more changes are in the works, and we appreciate your patience.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 4:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IBobi
If you've done a good job following the various conversations, you'll note that more changes are in the works, and we appreciate your patience.
Honestly, I haven't followed any. I don't understand why you did this upheaval to be honest with you, the previous iteration was perfect, and many others agree, so I hope you understand our lack of patience and our irritability.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 5:25 pm

I can understand having issues with the new software. Many changes were made. Anything that is a bug either has been resolved or has been logged to be resolved in the future. The rest are changes that are here to stay, until the next go-round at least. I think it is fair to say that there are no plans whatsoever to roll anything back at this point. Bolstering this decision are the fact that these changes were necessary from a technical and business standpoint to begin with; added to that, we have seen zero evidence that the changes are negatively impacting the site in terms of traffic or posting. In short, while there may be some discontent with change, these changes have been shown to be, at worst, neutral, as well as necessary. We appreciate all the feedback and have replied to nearly all of it. At this point, aside from the changes we have already indicated are coming in the future, this is the forum we all have, and we'll have to make the best of it.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 6:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
I think it's fair to say that when the #1 complaint is infinite scroll creating problems & asking for it to be turned off as default & yet IB refuses to do so, IB has shown its disdain for its users & knows that because it still shows up high on google searches, it's ok in saying we don't care what you regular users think/want, even if it makes your experience worse, we've got lots of newbies who don't know any better that we can suck in because you all continue to be suckers & provide the content we need to stay on top of the google searches, so thanks you all. My fair comment is wow - what total hubris. It's my opinion & yes I'm entitled to it & entitled to express it as it doesn't violate FT TOS.

Cheers.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
I think it's fair to say that when the #1 complaint is infinite scroll creating problems & asking for it to be turned off as default & yet IB refuses to do so, IB has shown its disdain for its users & knows that because it still shows up high on google searches, it's ok in saying we don't care what you regular users think/want, even if it makes your experience worse, we've got lots of newbies who don't know any better that we can suck in because you all continue to be suckers & provide the content we need to stay on top of the google searches, so thanks you all. My fair comment is wow - what total hubris. It's my opinion & yes I'm entitled to it & entitled to express it as it doesn't violate FT TOS.

Cheers.
It's not disdain at all. We provided instructions for users to turn it off for themselves. There's no evidence that it is an issue for a large number of members. We won't be turning IS off by default. because it is not necessary. The site is the site. It has Infinite Scroll. It can be turned off. It's not changing. I think it's time to move on.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 6:51 pm

It's not disdain at all. We provided instructions for users to turn it off for themselves. There's no evidence that it is an issue for a large number of members. We won't be turning IS off by default. because it is not necessary. The site is the site. It has Infinite Scroll. It can be turned off. It's not changing. I think it's time to move on.
I stand by my hubris comment & your response continues to show (IMO) the hubris & disdain shown by IB to FTers.

The majority of members don't even know technical support exists nor that there's a place to complain, so because they don't you think they're ok w/ the change. NOT a good assumption. They don't know how to turn it off because you provided the info in a forum that 99.9% of FTers don't even know exist.!!!

Also, more importantly, regular FTers who contribute a lot (and whom seem to have a lot more tech savvy than IB) have continually complained that infinite scroll can only be turned off if logged in, but often FTers don't log in to read FT. They just do so when they want to post. So for those who are not logged in - which is actually a lot as we discovered when TB existed on a different topic & now w/ this - they're screwed & have to deal w/ the mess of infinite scroll/its problems. So your comment that you provided instructions doesn't totally apply because if it did, it would apply to those who weren't logged in.
DenverBrian likes this.

Last edited by SkiAdcock; Dec 12, 2017 at 7:00 pm
Old Dec 12, 2017, 7:05 pm

So log in. This is not hard.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 7:13 pm

So log in. This is not hard.
I'm always logged in; this isn't about me.

As pointed out by many in this thread (and when I was on TalkBoard when the topic came up on something that was a very hot topic), many FTers read FT while not logged in. They have a variety of reasons for not being logged in, but the primary one is they only log in when they want to post something.

Until the recent software change, their experience on their mobile devices whether logged in or not logged in was exactly the same. The software change turned their FT experience while not logged in to a piece of crap, simply because of the infinite scroll issue which no one asked for & there have been hundreds of complaints against.

Your comment (well really IB's) that they should be required to log in so they can avoid something that IB implemented that was not asked for is dismissive, shows hubris & disdain for FTers IMO. Thanks (not) for forcing FTers to read FT the way you want them to do so & not the way they choose to do so.

Cheers.
DenverBrian and roundtree like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.