Reload this Page >

New Forum Layout / Design Feedback

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Forum Layout / Design Feedback

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2017, 6:11 am

This is an "upgrade?" It's awful. And why did the Omni button disappear from the top of the page?
Old Nov 25, 2017, 5:34 pm

"Thread starter" to refer to whoever has started a thread. We were used to calling the person the OP, original poster. Will FT go back to all those posts in which we addressed the initial poster as an OP and change our post wording to TS? Will be interesting to see how that is handled.
Old Nov 25, 2017, 8:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by nmh1204
Guys,
This new forum design is dreadful. The links/buttons are way too small, and the colour scheme makes it harder to read. What on earth was wrong with the last one?
Nothing, but apparently our <redacted> at Internet Brands decided that if there isn't anything wrong with the old design, we must break it!
tsastor and SkeptiCallie like this.

Last edited by JDiver; Nov 26, 2017 at 8:48 am Reason: Redact to conform to rules
Old Nov 26, 2017, 12:44 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, FB Plat
Originally Posted by dave noble
if you are referring to what i think. You can go into quick links -> edit options and then disable infinite scroll
thank you!!, that was it
Old Nov 26, 2017, 3:59 am
Original Poster

only works when logged in though
Old Nov 26, 2017, 8:16 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

only works when logged in though
Any reason not to leave yourself logged in?
Old Nov 26, 2017, 10:47 am

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by SkeptiCallie
"Thread starter" to refer to whoever has started a thread. We were used to calling the person the OP, original poster. Will FT go back to all those posts in which we addressed the initial poster as an OP and change our post wording to TS? Will be interesting to see how that is handled.
This is one of many things that highlights the ridiculousness of the whole "enhancement" forced upon users. Although trivial, it's also perplexing that IB spent time to change something that not only is standard parlance (original poster) to a goofy new term that no one on here uses - and in an awful yellow-highlighter design that even a middle school boy wouldn't use in his web page design. Perhaps if the person who took the time to program the thread starter change had instead used their time for even a modicum of beta testing, a few of the errors seen in the rollout could have been prevented.
Old Nov 26, 2017, 11:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
I haven't been on FT as much lately, so today is one of the first times I am seeing more of the new look. First impression: I don't like it one bit. Perhaps there is a way to shut it off individually, but I dislike how the page will constantly scroll until the very end. I'd rather see one page at a time, as was possible on the previous version. (found the setting for infinite scroll).

Any way to shut off the top bar from floating when I scroll? Seems like it, along with the bottom reply crap take up a lot of real estate on my screen.

Secondly, and again, perhaps there is some sort of setting I can change, but I feel as though the Reply button is too far down on the screen. I dislike websites which try to move stuff all over the page, rather than have it in a convenient spot. Only other thing I would change is the color- not a fan of the light blue.
Old Nov 26, 2017, 1:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
Any reason not to leave yourself logged in?
Some people don't log in and just browse, I do that and only log in to post.

Originally Posted by 84fiero
... in an awful yellow-highlighter design that even a middle school boy wouldn't use in his web page design.....
The new forum is like something out of the 90s or early 2000s at the latest. It's ugly.
Old Nov 26, 2017, 1:39 pm

Programs: LH SEN, HH Gold
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
Any way to shut off the top bar from floating when I scroll? Seems like it, along with the bottom reply crap take up a lot of real estate on my screen.
+100

This is the reason I avoided using FT for nearly a week. This really must be changed to a toggled option.
Old Nov 26, 2017, 5:06 pm

Programs: Tegridy Elite

The new forum is like something out of the 90s or early 2000s at the latest. It's ugly.
It is indeed. The over-use of white space is truly awful - the wikiposts especially are very uncomfortable to read now. It's hard to imagine even one person looking at the redesign and thinking it's an improvement, much less the multiple people that I assume must be involved in approving and deploying this. Thus far user feedback seems to be falling on deaf ears.
SkeptiCallie likes this.
Old Nov 26, 2017, 10:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Once logged in, wouldn't it be easier to just stay logged in rather than logging out?

Someone who has no account is impacted, but for those with accounts, just remaining logged in would solve the issue

Is there a benefit to logging out?
Old Nov 27, 2017, 3:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
Once logged in, wouldn't it be easier to just stay logged in rather than logging out?

Someone who has no account is impacted, but for those with accounts, just remaining logged in would solve the issue

Is there a benefit to logging out?
I suppose not, but if you clear the browser's cache, it logs you out automatically
Old Nov 27, 2017, 5:07 am

The site is messed up after recent changes

The site has too many flashing adds, loads very slowly and not giving the same pleasurable experience as before. Always go to mobile setting even if I disabled going to mobile in profile settings.
Old Nov 27, 2017, 8:29 am

Programs: BA Gold
Agreed - the floating menu at the top of the page never works correctly on my laptop or my phone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.