Wiki Posts
Search

New Forum Layout / Design Feedback

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2017, 9:32 am
Original Poster

New Forum Layout / Design Feedback

Guys,
This new forum design is dreadful. The links/buttons are way too small, and the colour scheme makes it harder to read. What on earth was wrong with the last one?
Old Nov 19, 2017, 11:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nmh1204
What on earth was wrong with the last one?
Nothing !!!
Change for the sake of change

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/tech...g-reports.html
Old Nov 20, 2017, 6:01 pm

This is awful, please go back to what we had
Grog and SkeptiCallie like this.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 6:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hey it could be worse, I looked at some of the other sites this company runs and holy smokes, they are gawd awful.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 8:53 am

Programs: Cessna TTx Self-Fly
Originally Posted by TomMM
Hey it could be worse, I looked at some of the other sites this company runs and holy smokes, they are gawd awful.
Agreed. I looked at some of the automotive forums owned by IB and they look hideous.
Old Nov 21, 2017, 12:57 pm
Original Poster

Is it just me or is the sizing of everything getting smaller since they updated it last week? Seems a bit smaller this week. Also, that god awful yellow highlighting I'm the thread starter is ridiculous. What was wrong with the blue bar from the previous iteration? That was fine for the job.
SkeptiCallie and RumPatrol like this.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 7:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
I'm coming back to FT after a week away and the template changes seem nonsensical and add no value. Usability always takes a hit when you make changes, but this doesn't seem to be driven by any agenda in particular. Navigation is harder all around. Forum-menu columns load in jagged, uneven fashion. I find the site is clunkier and less responsive in Chrome, especially the post-composition template.

Can anyone explain the rationale behind this downgrade?
Grog and SkeptiCallie like this.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 7:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by BearX220
Their ratiobale seems to be, "This is our website not yours and we know better." Seriously.
Miggles and Grog like this.
Old Nov 22, 2017, 9:26 am

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Originally Posted by BearX220
I'm coming back to FT after a week away ...

It seems you've been all the fun facts in the master thread:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/tech...g-reports.html

Welcome to the club!
Old Nov 22, 2017, 4:31 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Guys,
This new forum design is dreadful.
Couldn't agree more! And every so often I randomly get the mobile site which is even worse!
Old Nov 23, 2017, 8:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Is it just me or is the sizing of everything getting smaller since they updated it last week? Seems a bit smaller this week. Also, that god awful yellow highlighting I'm the thread starter is ridiculous. What was wrong with the blue bar from the previous iteration? That was fine for the job.
The awful highlighter yellow was not there at the switchover time iirc , so is not , I believe, something that is unbreakably tied to rest of the change
Old Nov 24, 2017, 5:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
The awful highlighter yellow was not there at the switchover time iirc , so is not , I believe, something that is unbreakably tied to rest of the change
It was originally a black box around white text after the 15th. I can't see how they think this site is usable. at 100% zoom, it's impossible to use, the text and links are way too small, but I doubt they will fix this to be honest.
Old Nov 24, 2017, 5:22 pm

It was originally a black box around white text after the 15th. I can't see how they think this site is usable. at 100% zoom, it's impossible to use, the text and links are way too small, but I doubt they will fix this to be honest.
That surely depends on screen resolution and size of monitor
The yellow really needs to go - it is annoying and distracting , but I have no issue using IE at 100%

I think post 8 probably sums up the likelihood of addressing end user concerns raised
Old Nov 25, 2017, 2:24 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, FB Plat
Can you turn off the 'auto loading' of posts and go back to the page/breadcrumb layout somehow? My screen is jumping all over the place when I try to go back into a thread and read back some older posts. It's horrible to keep track where I left off this way.
Old Nov 25, 2017, 3:55 am

Originally Posted by Wunk
Can you turn off the 'auto loading' of posts and go back to the page/breadcrumb layout somehow? My screen is jumping all over the place when I try to go back into a thread and read back some older posts. It's horrible to keep track where I left off this way.
If you are referring to what I think. you can go into quick links -> edit options and then disable infinite scroll

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.