FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Support and Feedback (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/technical-support-feedback-386/)
-   -   How to add or embed a file, image / photo or video in a post (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/technical-support-feedback/1764123-how-add-embed-file-image-photo-video-post.html)

JessicaB Oct 29, 2021 7:32 am

I'm struggling to add three photos to a post. I click on the little icon, I get the screen asking me to add the photos, I upload from my device, they upload OK they all get to 100%, and then the only button I see is one that says Close with an X. When I click on Close, the pop up window is still there, and there seems to be no way to close it.

escape4 Oct 30, 2021 6:57 pm

Originally Posted by JessicaB (Post 33684998)
I'm struggling to add three photos to a post. I click on the little icon, I get the screen asking me to add the photos, I upload from my device, they upload OK they all get to 100%, and then the only button I see is one that says Close with an X. When I click on Close, the pop up window is still there, and there seems to be no way to close it.

Same problem for me.

TWA884 Oct 31, 2021 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by JessicaB (Post 33684998)

Disable infinite scrolling under "Edit Option" in MyFlyerTalk; then, when posting an image, scroll down until the banner disappears. Now, when you upload the images, the "Upload" button will not be hidden behind the top banner.

JessicaB Nov 1, 2021 5:49 am

Originally Posted by TWA884 (Post 33690443)
Disable infinite scrolling under "Edit Option" in MyFlyerTalk; then, when posting an image, scroll down until the banner disappears. Now, when you upload the images, the "Upload" button will not be hidden behind the top banner.

Thank you that solved the problem.

krazykanuck Nov 2, 2021 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by TWA884 (Post 33690443)

I'm having the same problem, but infinite scroll is already disabled for me.

TWA884 Nov 2, 2021 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by krazykanuck (Post 33696431)
I'm having the same problem, but infinite scroll is already disabled for me.

Can you scroll down until the banner disappears in the "Reply to Thread" page? You have to do that before clicking on the "Upload" icon.

krazykanuck Nov 2, 2021 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by TWA884 (Post 33696464)
Can you scroll down until the banner disappears in the "Reply to Thread" page? You have to do that before clicking on the "Upload" icon.

I can't scroll at all in that window once the manage attachments popup is open. And I'd upload a photo showing that I've disabled infinite scroll, but, well you know how that is going ;)

TWA884 Nov 2, 2021 7:19 pm

Originally Posted by krazykanuck (Post 33696484)
I can't scroll at all in that window once the manage attachments popup is open. And I'd upload a photo showing that I've disabled infinite scroll, but, well you know how that is going ;)

You have to scroll down past the banner before opening the attachments pop-up window. If you can't do that, you must not have disabled infinite scrolling.

choosethedrew Jul 4, 2023 4:28 am

Originally Posted by JDiver (Post 32551438)
Videos, e.g. YouTube videos, can now be embedded in your post. (The embedded video will not appear if you are using the mobile skin, however).

For example, YouTube video with time lapse of SFO Terminal 1 redevelopment stages:

https://youtu.be/lIhy-dgdErM

Your video will automatically be centered.

To replicate, replace the B with r:

[uBL="https://youtu.be/lIhy-dgdErM"]https://youtu.be/lIhy-dgdErM[/uBL]

Testing embedding a Youtube clip

txpenny Jul 4, 2023 12:49 pm

Is there anyway to directly load a screen shot into the reply screen?

IBJoel Jul 5, 2023 9:25 am

Originally Posted by txpenny (Post 35385838)
Is there anyway to directly load a screen shot into the reply screen?

Take the screenshot and then when you're in the FlyerTalk reply window, click on the "postcard" icon (square/rectangle with some mountains and a moon) and select the screenshot from wherever you saved it on your device.

Adam Smith Jul 23, 2023 5:07 pm

Originally Posted by IBJoel (Post 35388106)
Take the screenshot and then when you're in the FlyerTalk reply window, click on the "postcard" icon (square/rectangle with some mountains and a moon) and select the screenshot from wherever you saved it on your device.

@IBJoel, is there any reason why the wiki editor doesn't have the option to upload an image the way the post editor does? It also doesn't allow attachments; not sure whether those two things are related.

IBJoel Jul 24, 2023 9:57 am

Originally Posted by Adam Smith (Post 35438345)
@IBJoel, is there any reason why the wiki editor doesn't have the option to upload an image the way the post editor does? It also doesn't allow attachments; not sure whether those two things are related.

Definitely related. The wikipost system is custom and uses wiki markup, but the post editor is standard vbulletin/BBcode

Adam Smith Jul 24, 2023 11:03 pm

Originally Posted by IBJoel (Post 35440074)
Definitely related. The wikipost system is custom and uses wiki markup, but the post editor is standard vbulletin/BBcode

I think that fixing the other wiki issues (font size, revert, etc) should be a far bigger priority, but perhaps that would be a worthwhile change in the future? I spent a while trying to figure out why I couldn't upload an image, then trying to upload it to Google Drive (which doesn't work as a source for the image URL since it's not a .jpg or other image file), thinking perhaps uploads had been eliminated altogether. Then I went to make a post and saw it was still there, and it came flooding back to me that the last time I uploaded a version of that image to the wiki, I had been through the same thing. So it would certainly save me some time every couple months when I need to put an image in a wiki, but maybe I'm the only weirdo who cares about this? ;)