FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Technical Support and Feedback (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/technical-support-feedback-386/)
-   -   FT iPhone app (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/technical-support-feedback/1335665-ft-iphone-app.html)

QueenOfCoach Apr 13, 2012 3:36 pm

FT iPhone app

Is there a way to quickly refresh the messages on the FT iPhone app? I am new to the iPhone world, and recently downloaded the FT app.

When I go to the app, I see the forum messages as I left them during my previous session. They need to reload to get current messages.

The only way I know to refresh the message board is to go out of the forum, and reload. Is there some trick I can pull while in the forum to refresh / reload?

TWA884 Apr 14, 2012 10:31 pm

I find the Android app to be worthless. I suspect the same is true for the iPhone version.

Have you tried the mobile version of FT?
I think you'd like it.

cfwolfs Apr 19, 2012 5:20 am

FT iPhone app

I just downloaded the recent update to the iPhone app. It's failing to load the airline programs subforums. I click on airline program, and then nothing comes up.

QueenOfCoach Apr 19, 2012 9:27 am

Originally Posted by cfwolfs (Post 18421502)
I just downloaded the recent update to the iPhone app. It's failing to load the airline programs subforums. I click on airline program, and then nothing comes up.

The recent update does have a means of refreshing the screen. Yay! Just pull it down and it reloads. That's really great.

I had a tough time with the airline program subforums. I found, with some effort, that holding down the little arrow icon would cause the list to load. It's buggy, but eventually I got it to work.

IBobi Apr 19, 2012 11:37 am

To open subforums, find the small arrow pointing left at the top right corner of the forum; click it so that it points downward, and you'll see the subforums open.

Paul

willyroo Apr 26, 2012 2:45 pm

Wirelessly posted (most likely from a Qantas Pub: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B176 Safari/7534.48.3)

Originally Posted by IBobi
To open subforums, find the small arrow pointing left at the top right corner of the forum; click it so that it points downward, and you'll see the subforums open.

Paul

Still getting blank screen for airline forums (using iPhone app). If I toggle the arrow down, it lowers the screen and shows it being refreshed, alas still blank. All up to date...

Posting using the mobile version instead :)

IBobi Apr 27, 2012 3:52 pm

Hmm... definitely not seeing that.

Are you on the current iOS version?

I have iPhone 4 running on AT&T, iOS 5.1 and it's working great.

I wish I could help some more, but maybe you can try deleting the app and reinstalling?

Originally Posted by willyroo (Post 18466855)
Wirelessly posted (most likely from a Qantas Pub: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B176 Safari/7534.48.3)

Still getting blank screen for airline forums (using iPhone app). If I toggle the arrow down, it lowers the screen and shows it being refreshed, alas still blank. All up to date...

Posting using the mobile version instead :)

willyroo Apr 28, 2012 5:15 am

Tried it again after a nice BNE-DRW-BNE break...working tonight.

Still prefer the mobile version, but I'm just about to ditch the iPhone and its horrifically bad battery life for a Nokia Lumia, so the app and I won't be together anyway :)

CCU_Flyer Apr 28, 2012 5:18 am

cannot post in airline forum

Hi while using an iPad or iPod I am unable to post in the airline forum at flyertalk. Technical update needed I guess.

IBobi Apr 30, 2012 4:22 pm

Threads merged; please try uninstall/reinstall, as I cannot reproduce the error.

CCU_Flyer May 2, 2012 6:38 am

FT iPhone app

Tried uninstalling and reinstalling, still won't work. It goes into sub forum of cards but not of airline programme

IBobi May 2, 2012 11:14 am

Originally Posted by ashwini (Post 18498481)
Tried uninstalling and reinstalling, still won't work. It goes into sub forum of cards but not of airline programme

Are you clicking the < arrow so that it points downward and opens the subforums?

If not, what version of phone and iOS software are you running?

goalie May 3, 2012 10:44 am

A couple of comments and requests and/or suggestions

I do like the chevron for the sub-forums but in the next iteration of the app, is there any chance it can be moved to the left/closer to "Subfourms (xx)" as maybe it's me and my fat fingers ;) but more often than not, I end up hitting the reply button when trying to expand the chevron

Could the subscribe feature at the bottom of the screen moved as again, with my fat fingers and flipping fast to the bottom of the page, I am hitting the button

I do like the go to first unread feature but it doesn't work properly as there is no sync to what I read on-line to what I read on the app as when I use the feature on the app, it takes me anywhere from the first page to the second to last page and never the last unread post I viewed. Also, on a one page thread on the app, if I hit the last unread option, the page does not go to any post at all but rather the "little wheel" just keeps spinning around

Is there anyway to mark forums read as there is with the on-line/browser version?

Also, I have noticed that the app crashes much more than any previous version and usually after I make a post or hit the log out button

Thanks
:)

CCU_Flyer May 4, 2012 7:42 pm

FT iPhone app

Sorry was not clear earlier. When trying to create a new thread, while trying to chose a sun forum in cannot chose from within the airline programs.

goalie May 9, 2012 11:01 am

I'll add this here as opposed to starting yet another iPhone app thread....

I am unable to read any of the announcements that appear at the top of each forum on the app as when I tap on it, it briefly changes to the word "label" and then shows a blank page