Wiki Posts
Search

Many images, icons etc. fail to load Update: appears to be ....... issue

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2011, 7:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold Guest List; HH Diamond; Hyatt Diamond; SPG Gold
Many images, icons etc. fail to load Update: appears to be ....... issue

On an intermittent basis for the past couple of days, most of the images on FT are failing to load for me. This happens from several different computers, i.e. it is not a configuration problem on one machine.

The page then takes a very long time to load. The text in the page is unaffected, it's only that many or most of the icons, buttons and W.H.Y are missing.

The error that my browser gets is:

Safari can’t open the page “http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/sr...ns/icon14.gif” because Safari can’t find the server “images.ibsrv.net”.

Is anyone else seeing a similar issue?
Old Apr 3, 2011, 12:25 am
In memoriam

Much the same thing is happening to me since I updated to Firefox 4.0 a couple of days ago. I no longer see FT in all its graphic glory, but, get a very different (and hard to use) no graphics view. Ft works fine in Internet Explorer 9.

How do I get back my view with colors and graphics?
Old Apr 3, 2011, 1:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold Guest List; HH Diamond; Hyatt Diamond; SPG Gold
FWIW this issue went away spontaneously for me. I guess some temporary DNS glitch.
Old Apr 3, 2011, 7:46 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K, IC RA
I'm experiencing this right now...
Old Apr 3, 2011, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
I'm experiencing the same problem. In addition, some of the icons are missing, such as the reply/quote icon. I'm able to post this via "Quick Reply," but can't see the other reply icons.
Old Apr 3, 2011, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
PS: I'm having the problem on Firefox. But I just tried using Internet Explorer and FT is working fine on that.
Old Apr 3, 2011, 5:30 pm

I'm having the same issue on a Mac. In Firefox 3.6.16 on the Mac, the site looks as if the CSS file hasn't loaded. In Safari, it looks fine.
Old Apr 3, 2011, 6:25 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 0P, AA, DL, *wood, Lifetime FPC Plat., IHG, HHD
same issue here, FF 4.0 since about a week. Wasn't having this issue before, even after upgrading. Works fine with Chrome, safari, FF 3.6.5 on PC, but all images are gone and the layout is basically one long HTML page
Old Apr 3, 2011, 8:35 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by Mimo
I'm having the same issue on a Mac. In Firefox 3.6.16 on the Mac, the site looks as if the CSS file hasn't loaded. In Safari, it looks fine.
It's working fine on both FF (same version as you) and Safari for me.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 6:40 am

Programs: CoUniHound 1K 1MM, AA EXP 2MM, DL Plat, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I’m having a similar problem on one computer using FF but FF is working on another PC. On the problem PC, disabling Ad Block restores FT to its former glory. On the other PC, I have the same version of FF and Ad Block. Both PCs are running Windows 7, although the working version is 64 bit and the other is 32 bit.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 7:29 am
jth

Programs: SK EBS, BAEC blue, SPG
Originally Posted by Catbert10
I’m having a similar problem on one computer using FF but FF is working on another PC. On the problem PC, disabling Ad Block restores FT to its former glory. On the other PC, I have the same version of FF and Ad Block. Both PCs are running Windows 7, although the working version is 64 bit and the other is 32 bit.
I can confirm the ....... connection. There was recently an update of ....... plus. After applying this update, it seems that the CSS stylesheets fail to load, resulting in the basic non-graphical look. After disabling ......., things look usual again. This was on 2 different machines, both running FF 3.6.13 under windows XP.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 7:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K, IC RA
Originally Posted by jth
I can confirm the ....... connection. There was recently an update of ....... plus. After applying this update, it seems that the CSS stylesheets fail to load, resulting in the basic non-graphical look. After disabling ......., things look usual again. This was on 2 different machines, both running FF 3.6.13 under windows XP.
One can submit a problem report to ad-block by clicking on the icon in your browser. If enough people do it maybe they'll realize the problem and fix it.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 8:11 am

Programs: HH Gold. (Former) UA PP, DL PM, PC Plat
Definiately ABP blocking the style sheets and button images. Do a CTRL+SHIFT+V to open blockable items. Look down the list and unblock all stylesheets and the images that are host on the flyertalk site.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 8:18 am

Definitely ....... causing the issue. Thanks for the tip. It was really annoying.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 9:09 am
jth

Programs: SK EBS, BAEC blue, SPG
Originally Posted by LarryJ
Definiately ABP blocking the style sheets and button images. Do a CTRL+SHIFT+V to open blockable items. Look down the list and unblock all stylesheets and the images that are host on the flyertalk site.
Yeah, from what it looks like, it might not be ....... itself but rather the "easylist" filter that is offered as a filter subscription. For some reason, there is a (i suppose recently added) rule that seemingly blocks most stuff from ibserv.net.

One can manually deactivate the filter:

Code:
||ibsrv.net^$third-party
which should restore the look.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.