Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Comments Welcome: Voting Underway - Rename Paris Forum to France Forum

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2007, 6:40 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M
Original Poster

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Comments Welcome: Voting Underway - Rename Paris Forum to France Forum

Moved by Jenbel and seconded by gleff:

The title of the Paris forum be changed to France, and the description amended so that the forum's subject is now all of France, and not just Paris.

This poll will close on Jun 29, 07 at 6:17 am
Old Jun 15, 2007, 10:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
After reading the other thread & the reasons for making the switch, this has my support. Cheers.
Old Jun 15, 2007, 1:33 pm

Programs: AA PLT AA 1MM
yes, please

That would be a welcome change for the many of us who travel primarily to other parts of France.
Old Jun 15, 2007, 1:33 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler (Gold), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
The fact that the moderator wants it to make his/her job easier is enough reason to lend my support.
Old Jun 15, 2007, 8:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
Oui agree that it makes a lot of sense.
Old Jun 18, 2007, 9:29 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M
Original Poster

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Motion Passed!

On 17 June 2007, the TalkBoard unanimously passed:

The title of the Paris forum be changed to France, and the description amended so that the forum's subject is now all of France, and not just Paris.
Old Jun 19, 2007, 1:48 am

Programs: AA Platinum 2.3MM (Lifetime PLT)
Originally Posted by Spiff

This poll will close on Jun 29, 07 at 6:17 am
What does "June 29" in the above sentence mean since the decision has already been made 10 days before the above date?
Old Jun 19, 2007, 5:04 am

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
Each poll is open for a maximum of two weeks. However, if we all vote within the two week period, then the poll is closed (no point in keeping it open since once we have voted we cannot change our vote) and the result announced.

The two week period usually gives us all a chance to vote if we are offline for a period through travel or whatever. But if everyone is accessible and decided, then (as you see here) it can take a much shorter period.
Old Jun 19, 2007, 5:33 am

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
To flesh out a bit what Jenbel just posted, votes often do take the entire two weeks. This is especially true when the issue is very controversial and some members are waiting for further input from the general membership.

In the case of the three most recent polls (this one, the Italy Forum, and the Alitalia Forum) there were some differences of opinions posted on TB Topics, but not to the degree where any of them could be considered truly controversial issues.

Moreover, once 6 TB members have voted in favor (guaranteeing passage) or 4 members have voted against (guaranteeing failure) the remaining members tend to cast their ballots more quickly, knowing that the issue has already been decided and not wanting to keep the poll open needlessly.
Old Jun 19, 2007, 2:13 pm

Programs: AA Platinum 2.3MM (Lifetime PLT)
Originally Posted by Dovster
To flesh out a bit what Jenbel just posted, votes often do take the entire two weeks. This is especially true when the issue is very controversial and some members are waiting for further input from the general membership.
I guess this wasn't one of those cases right?

I offered a suggestion of how to check with the frequent writers on the Paris forum. I see it wasn't taken.

I also asked for an analysis of the number of posts regarding France in general versus Paris in particular. I see that wasn't done either.

You'll forgive me for saying that I believe a solution was imposed where there was no problem.
Old Jun 19, 2007, 2:29 pm

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Landing Gear, in addition to the fact that the forum's moderator requested this change (which in itself would not be sufficient to get me to support it) out of all of those who posted on both this thread and the original one, you were the only one to oppose the change.

TalkBoard will never be able to give everyone what he wants, but in this case I believe we certainly gave the overwhelming majority of those who showed interest in the question what they preferred.
Old Jun 19, 2007, 3:05 pm

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
There was also an annoucement posted in the Paris forum, to inform the users of that forum of the discussion. When that happens, we usually get most response in the first 24 hours.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.