FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   TalkBoard Topics (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/talkboard-topics-382/)
-   -   Motion Passed 23 Jan 2013 - Create an Aer Lingus Gold Circle Club Forum (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/talkboard-topics/1428495-motion-passed-23-jan-2013-create-aer-lingus-gold-circle-club-forum.html)

SkiAdcock Jan 16, 2013 12:08 pm

Motion Passed 23 Jan 2013 - Create an Aer Lingus Gold Circle Club Forum

Moved by kokonutz and seconded by SkiAdcock:

"The TalkBoard recommends to the Community Director the creation of an Aer Lingus Gold Circle Club forum"

This poll will close on Jan 30, 13 at 1:46 pm or after all TalkBoard members have registered their vote, whichever comes first.

Per the TalkBoard Guidelines:

A motion shall pass if at least two-thirds of the yes or no votes cast by TalkBoard members are ‘yes’ and a majority of the total TalkBoard membership votes 'yes.'

The purpose of posting voting topics in the public TalkBoard Topics forum is to solicit member feedback on any motions that are up for a vote and to allow for comments after a vote is made. It is at the sole discretion of the individual TalkBoard members whether they choose to post in the public discussion thread, there being no requirement to do so.

So while there is already a thread and discussion on this general topic and it is safe to assume that TalkBoard members have reviewed that thread, this thread is about this specific motion.

Please feel free to post questions, comments or any other sort of feedback in this thread, or in the other discussion thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/talkb...gus-forum.html

kokonutz Jan 16, 2013 12:23 pm

Speaking only for myself:

In general when considering a new airline forum, numbers are far less important to me personally than community. The old Aer Lingus forum had a pretty vibrant community even when the program was teetering.

Now that it is healthy and strong I think the community will be large and strong enough to sustain a forum.

That's why I made and support this motion.

GoldCircle Jan 16, 2013 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by kokonutz (Post 20060226)
The old Aer Lingus forum had a pretty vibrant community even when the program was teetering.

You're showing your age! :p

MSPeconomist Jan 16, 2013 6:09 pm

Originally Posted by kokonutz (Post 20060226)
Speaking only for myself:

In general when considering a new airline forum, numbers are far less important to me personally than community. The old Aer Lingus forum had a pretty vibrant community even when the program was teetering.

Now that it is healthy and strong I think the community will be large and strong enough to sustain a forum.

That's why I made and support this motion.

I think I agree, but I'm going to delay voting for a bit to see whether any other arguments emerge to make me reconsider.

noniron Jan 17, 2013 3:30 pm

Yes for an Aer Lingus forum, there are enough posts and threads in 'Other European Programs' related to EI to justify it.

run44 Jan 18, 2013 1:53 am

I would be active on an Aer Lingus forum so would support this

pinniped Jan 18, 2013 8:24 am

Yes on Aer Lingus.

Although it's not an alliance carrier, the tie-ins with two huge alliance carriers (UA and BA), plus I'm sure others, make it a potentially important airline to Americans and Europeans alike.

pacenotes Jan 18, 2013 9:11 am

Yes from me. Even tho I gave up on gold circle. But I would still use the forum if there was one.

sgm Jan 18, 2013 10:41 am

Yes please. It would be great.

Angelamc Jan 18, 2013 12:20 pm

Yes good idea

lifeontheroad Jan 18, 2013 2:57 pm

I would like to see a Gold Circle forum too as it keeps all relevant info consolidated and easy to access. So it's a ^ from me.

ContinentalFan Jan 19, 2013 8:50 pm

^ Yes from me too!

MissRoseDarrensAngel Jan 20, 2013 12:11 pm

I vote yes for Aer Lingus also

nsx Jan 20, 2013 1:11 pm

Thanks, GoldCircle, for making this decision easy. I voted yes.

PUCCI GALORE Jan 21, 2013 4:58 am

To be honest - I'd have voted "yes" but to me it is a vote for Ryanair via the back door as they seem bent on getting their hands on them (God Forbid).

Once the latest ruling out of Brussels is done and dusted then maybe that is the better time to decide? Just a thought.