Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Swiss Flt 283 - stop in Windhoek (WDH)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2022, 9:16 am
Original Poster

Swiss Flt 283 - stop in Windhoek (WDH)

I noticed on a couple of flight tracking websites that LX 283 from JNB-ZRH makes a stop in WDH. Is this year-round? And is it possible to book the seat if you are on a SFO-ZRH-JNB-ZRH-SFO flight?
Old Apr 30, 2022, 2:08 pm

Programs: LH SENATOR
Originally Posted by iker
I noticed on a couple of flight tracking websites that LX 283 from JNB-ZRH makes a stop in WDH. Is this year-round? And is it possible to book the seat if you are on a SFO-ZRH-JNB-ZRH-SFO flight?
This is a technical stop currently done by LX and also other airlines such as LH for refueling due to current fuel shortage at JNB.
Old Apr 30, 2022, 2:29 pm
Original Poster

Thank you for the explanation. I'm traveling down to South Africa and in addition to visiting Kruger, Botswana and Cape Town, I was planning to go to Namibia so I thought it might be convenient to have a stop-over to save me some time.
Old Apr 30, 2022, 10:28 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
They also use Durban.
Old May 1, 2022, 7:28 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by iker
Thank you for the explanation. I'm traveling down to South Africa and in addition to visiting Kruger, Botswana and Cape Town, I was planning to go to Namibia so I thought it might be convenient to have a stop-over to save me some time.
Depending on when you are traveling, 4Y (Eurowings Discover, also in the LH group) operates WDH-VFA (Victoria Falls) and/or WDH-MQP (Kruger). It theoretically has rights to carry local traffic at least between WDH and VFA (not sure about MQP), if that helps.
Old Jun 18, 2022, 9:33 pm
Original Poster

Hi DKC192. Thank you so much for the information. I'll check it out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.