FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Swiss International Air Lines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/swiss-international-air-lines-502/)
-   -   Your seat has changed!? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/swiss-international-air-lines/2107457-your-seat-has-changed.html)

valleywatch Jan 10, 2023 12:54 pm

Your seat has changed!?

This evening , I received an e-mail from Swiss air,

" Due to operational reasons we regret to inform you that your seat reservation has changed. We have done our utmost to assign an adequate seat.

By clicking on have the possibility to view your new assigned seat.

Should you wish to change the seat you may request an alternative seat at check-in.

ps ! Im flying in Business if that makes any difference?!

We regret any inconvenience caused. SWISS wishes you a pleasant flight."

OK..Only trouble is, Ive no idea what seat/s sector/s have been changed! Ive tried clicking on to manage your booking, but I cant click onto the 2 flights in question? It says Im unable to make any seat reservations?

Im flying Heathrow to Zurich (12.05) then Zurich to Bangkok in the evening..This is on Thursday this week. Ive of course sent Swiss an e-mail, but I didnt receive the e-mail until 18.05 this evening!

Im "assuming" there may be a change of aircraft? If so Im "assuming"! it will be the Heathrow to Zurich! Im basing this on sheer assumption!

Anybody have any views or ideas and is it something Swiss does pretty regularly?

Many thanks.

NewbieRunner Jan 10, 2023 2:26 pm

I received at least 3 email messages recently, not from LX but from LH, about seat changes when in fact nothing had changed. Each time the seat originally selected was 11A and the new seat assigned was also 11A. It looked like there was some glitch somewhere.

valleywatch Jan 10, 2023 2:33 pm

Thanks for that.

Ive booked 10G for the Zurich=Bangkok leg...Id love a "throne" seat, but Im not Senator or anything, so it will cost me £180 ish. Im "hoping" that maybe tomorrow, I may be able to book a throne seat for free! At the moment though, I cant do anything on the manage your booking as it says seats arent availble?! Hopefully its a glitch and I will be able to do so tomorrow 24 hours before the flight?!

Nick Art Jan 10, 2023 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by valleywatch (Post 34912194)
Thanks for that.

Ive booked 10G for the Zurich=Bangkok leg...Id love a "throne" seat, but Im not Senator or anything, so it will cost me £180 ish. Im "hoping" that maybe tomorrow, I may be able to book a throne seat for free! At the moment though, I cant do anything on the manage your booking as it says seats arent availble?! Hopefully its a glitch and I will be able to do so tomorrow 24 hours before the flight?!

Of you can't select seats online you can call in and ask to be assigned your preferred seat. Regarding throne seats this might also be possible at T-24 I think.

valleywatch Jan 10, 2023 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by Nick Art (Post 34912251)
Of you can't select seats online you can call in and ask to be assigned your preferred seat. Regarding throne seats this might also be possible at T-24 I think.

Thanks for that,

Will try again tomorrow if I cant do it online.

Out of interest! What is T-24 please?!

NewbieRunner Jan 10, 2023 3:11 pm

LX180 on 12 January appears to be oversold or at least very full. ExpertFlyer shows 77W as equipment but no seatmap for Business, PE or Economy can be displayed which suggests the flight is under airport control. There is one free seat in F!

valleywatch Jan 10, 2023 3:13 pm

Cheers for that..Im going on the 12th though! Thursday 12th.

NewbieRunner Jan 10, 2023 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by valleywatch (Post 34912327)

Sorry I meant 12th, Making sure to type 3 instead of 2 for 2023!

T-24 = 24 hours before departure. But reservations may not be able to assign seats once the flight is under airport control.

valleywatch Jan 10, 2023 3:37 pm

Ah!! Ok!

Thanks again

romans Jan 11, 2023 2:40 am

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner (Post 34912319)
LX180 on 12 January appears to be oversold or at least very full. ExpertFlyer shows 77W as equipment but no seatmap for Business, PE or Economy can be displayed which suggests the flight is under airport control. There is one free seat in F!

isn't that normal when OLCI opens for LH group? same for experflyer

sbams Jan 11, 2023 4:26 am

Originally Posted by valleywatch (Post 34912327)

See you tomorrow, good luck with your seat!

NewbieRunner Jan 11, 2023 4:39 am

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner (Post 34912319)

Originally Posted by romans (Post 34913640)
isn't that normal when OLCI opens for LH group? same for experflyer

Not necessarily. I can still display a seat map on ExpertFlyer for a LH flight due to depart one hour from now.

shipsmail Jan 11, 2023 6:07 am

These mails concerning change of seat appear frequently from SWISS, while there is no change at all!

chris63 Jan 11, 2023 8:25 am

Originally Posted by shipsmail (Post 34913993)
These mails concerning change of seat appear frequently from SWISS, while there is no change at all!

Yes, same IME

worldclubber Jan 11, 2023 9:09 am

Originally Posted by shipsmail (Post 34913993)

These emails are often send out when they "move the curtain" between J and Y. If you had a seat way behind the curtain anyway, the "change" does not affect your seat choice.