Search

Your seat has changed!?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2023, 12:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: royal orchid star alliance
Your seat has changed!?

This evening , I received an e-mail from Swiss air,

" Due to operational reasons we regret to inform you that your seat reservation has changed. We have done our utmost to assign an adequate seat.

By clicking on have the possibility to view your new assigned seat.

Should you wish to change the seat you may request an alternative seat at check-in.

ps ! Im flying in Business if that makes any difference?!

We regret any inconvenience caused. SWISS wishes you a pleasant flight."

OK..Only trouble is, Ive no idea what seat/s sector/s have been changed! Ive tried clicking on to manage your booking, but I cant click onto the 2 flights in question? It says Im unable to make any seat reservations?

Im flying Heathrow to Zurich (12.05) then Zurich to Bangkok in the evening..This is on Thursday this week. Ive of course sent Swiss an e-mail, but I didnt receive the e-mail until 18.05 this evening!

Im "assuming" there may be a change of aircraft? If so Im "assuming"! it will be the Heathrow to Zurich! Im basing this on sheer assumption!

Anybody have any views or ideas and is it something Swiss does pretty regularly?

Many thanks.

Last edited by valleywatch; Jan 10, 2023 at 1:45 pm Reason: info added!
Old Jan 10, 2023, 2:26 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
I received at least 3 email messages recently, not from LX but from LH, about seat changes when in fact nothing had changed. Each time the seat originally selected was 11A and the new seat assigned was also 11A. It looked like there was some glitch somewhere.

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Jan 10, 2023 at 3:00 pm Reason: typo
Old Jan 10, 2023, 2:33 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for that.

Ive booked 10G for the Zurich=Bangkok leg...Id love a "throne" seat, but Im not Senator or anything, so it will cost me Ł180 ish. Im "hoping" that maybe tomorrow, I may be able to book a throne seat for free! At the moment though, I cant do anything on the manage your booking as it says seats arent availble?! Hopefully its a glitch and I will be able to do so tomorrow 24 hours before the flight?!
Old Jan 10, 2023, 2:52 pm
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by valleywatch
Thanks for that.

Ive booked 10G for the Zurich=Bangkok leg...Id love a "throne" seat, but Im not Senator or anything, so it will cost me Ł180 ish. Im "hoping" that maybe tomorrow, I may be able to book a throne seat for free! At the moment though, I cant do anything on the manage your booking as it says seats arent availble?! Hopefully its a glitch and I will be able to do so tomorrow 24 hours before the flight?!
Of you can't select seats online you can call in and ask to be assigned your preferred seat. Regarding throne seats this might also be possible at T-24 I think.
Old Jan 10, 2023, 2:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Nick Art
Of you can't select seats online you can call in and ask to be assigned your preferred seat. Regarding throne seats this might also be possible at T-24 I think.

Thanks for that,

Will try again tomorrow if I cant do it online.

Out of interest! What is T-24 please?!
Old Jan 10, 2023, 3:11 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

LX180 on 12 January appears to be oversold or at least very full. ExpertFlyer shows 77W as equipment but no seatmap for Business, PE or Economy can be displayed which suggests the flight is under airport control. There is one free seat in F!

Last edited by NewbieRunner; Jan 10, 2023 at 3:28 pm Reason: wrong date
Old Jan 10, 2023, 3:13 pm
Original Poster

Cheers for that..Im going on the 12th though! Thursday 12th.
Old Jan 10, 2023, 3:32 pm

Sorry I meant 12th, Making sure to type 3 instead of 2 for 2023!

T-24 = 24 hours before departure. But reservations may not be able to assign seats once the flight is under airport control.
valleywatch likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2023, 3:37 pm
Original Poster

Ah!! Ok!

Thanks again
Old Jan 11, 2023, 2:40 am

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
LX180 on 12 January appears to be oversold or at least very full. ExpertFlyer shows 77W as equipment but no seatmap for Business, PE or Economy can be displayed which suggests the flight is under airport control. There is one free seat in F!
isn't that normal when OLCI opens for LH group? same for experflyer
Old Jan 11, 2023, 4:26 am

Programs: BA KL LH Hilton Marriott
See you tomorrow, good luck with your seat!
valleywatch likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2023, 4:39 am

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Originally Posted by romans
isn't that normal when OLCI opens for LH group? same for experflyer
Not necessarily. I can still display a seat map on ExpertFlyer for a LH flight due to depart one hour from now.
romans likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2023, 6:07 am

Programs: LH HON
These mails concerning change of seat appear frequently from SWISS, while there is no change at all!
chris63 likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2023, 8:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by shipsmail
These mails concerning change of seat appear frequently from SWISS, while there is no change at all!
Yes, same IME
Old Jan 11, 2023, 9:09 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by shipsmail
These emails are often send out when they "move the curtain" between J and Y. If you had a seat way behind the curtain anyway, the "change" does not affect your seat choice.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.