FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Swiss International Air Lines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/swiss-international-air-lines-502/)
-   -   Grumpy flight attendants on Swiss (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/swiss-international-air-lines/2092950-grumpy-flight-attendants-swiss.html)

fly747first Sep 7, 2022 6:41 am

Originally Posted by FlyerLX (Post 34568584)
Definitely report it... Although I agree it’s unusual and LX FAs are often lightyears ahead of LH in terms of friendliness and customer service skills.

Every airline has its bad apples. Still, the OP should complain to LX.

The few times I have had a bad experience with LX cabin crew, I spoke to the Purser and their behavior was immediately corrected, in one case the mean lady was sent to work in Y.

Concerto Sep 7, 2022 6:58 am

I'm amazed that posters here seem to have had only good cabin crew experiences on SWISS. I have found it to be very disappointing and at least half of my flights had indifferent and frankly unfriendly crews, often imbued with considerable arrogance. Result? I no longer book SWISS on long haul flights and in Europe I will book only the shortest flights, so I spend as little time as possible actually on a LX plane. I am talking about experiences in the Business Class cabin.

danielonn Sep 7, 2022 9:08 am

Originally Posted by rosege (Post 34567467)
I flew SIN to ZRH on Swiss in J a couple of days ago and had the grumpiest FA I've ever experienced.
It started when boarding and the overhead lockers were still up and she was making snide remarks to passengers struggling to open some that were a bit stuck.
Then during the flight she was very snappy with passengers. During her later shift she never walked through the cabin to see if anyone needed anything and just stayed behind the curtain as much as possible.
I never saw her smile or be friendly to any of the passengers. The rest of the crew seemed quite nice though.
When exiting the aircraft I said quite boisterously "thanks for a lovely flight!" and she just scowled at me and didn't say a word.
A passenger behind me then made a comment to me about her as we got into the terminal so I wasn't the only one that noticed.

Anyway thought others might have some stories about FA that clearly don't want to be there.

I would have asked for her name early on. Then as I was disembarking make a call to Customer Service and report her unprofessional demeanor within earshot so she gets the picture. I would tell other passengers to do the same

davidsfo Sep 8, 2022 1:47 pm

I flew Swiss for the time in Biz class from SFO to ZRH. Overall, the flight attendants were top-notch. But one flight attendant assigned to biz on LX38 was downright surly to everyone (including her colleagues), screwed up meal orders and ignored requests. She made US airline grumpy attendants look downright cheery.

chris63 Sep 8, 2022 9:36 pm

Originally Posted by danielonn (Post 34580184)
I would have asked for her name early on. Then as I was disembarking make a call to Customer Service and report her unprofessional demeanor within earshot so she gets the picture. I would tell other passengers to do the same

That plan wouldn’t work, they would not let you stand there for an hour while you tried to get through to CS :D

fly747first Sep 9, 2022 8:32 am

Originally Posted by davidsfo (Post 34583973)
I flew Swiss for the time in Biz class from SFO to ZRH. Overall, the flight attendants were top-notch. But one flight attendant assigned to biz on LX38 was downright surly to everyone (including her colleagues), screwed up meal orders and ignored requests. She made US airline grumpy attendants look downright cheery.

You should have reported her to the Purser. I would have pushed for her to get reassigned in Y class so that perhaps she learns to appreciate J pax.

sfoeuroflyer Sep 9, 2022 9:22 am

I have flown SWISS dozens and dozens of times. Over 90% of the time the crews have been friendly, warm and efficient. I have never had a grumpy crew.