Wiki Posts
Search

Swiss / ZRH: Travel experience in during COVID [mask mandate etc]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2020, 6:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by nufnuf77
I see you have been betraying BA once again The veggie meal actually doesnt look half bad to me!

It looks like an overdose of veges!
nufnuf77 likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2020, 7:42 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
It looks like an overdose of veges!
Haha to each their own, I ain't a rabbit either
hugolover likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2020, 9:52 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
BKK ZRH in F: inflight experience pretty much the same as before Covid (except no magazines and newspapers, which i do not really need)
preflight drink: Laurent Perrier Grand Siècle
nice choice of food: Balik salmon, pomelo salad and crabmeat with yuzu vinaigrette, a sea bass as main course, a huge cheese platter and a superb lemon tart (menu created by the executive chef of the Peninsula hotels, a native of the Canton of Zug)
accompanied by a Sauvignon Blanc from Sancerre region and a Chateau Léoville Poyferré
great service
entertainment program so so (not really many new blockbusters)
only 25 passengers on the flight
Purser, flight attendant and pilot came for a chat as everybody wanted to know, why anybody would leave the golden cage in Thailand and join the Covid-winter in Europe...
ground service: was accompanied from check in to lounge and then into the plane; lounge offering pretty lousy: TK lounge (small selection of food and wine) and TG Royal Orchid (F section closed; only frozen food, no champagne and no wine); no ground service in ZRH

Old Dec 5, 2020, 10:35 am

Programs: LH SEN
The upstairs security check in Terminal 2 is now closed so you can only use the one in Terminal 1.

Of course there are no signs saying that this is the case, it's only when you have gone upstairs from the train station and been greeted by blank screens that it becomes apparent.

Just like the checkin baggage area downstairs in 3 coming from the tram/bus area being closed. There is a sign at the bottom of the escalator but not at the top.
BinSabai likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2020, 1:49 pm

Programs: M&M SEN**; FB Silver; IHG Platinum
Are apron arrivals now a standard at ZRH? Even with traffic at a fraction of former volumes? Stepping this morning in suede shoes into 5cms of slush really did not add much to my travel experience - and I was not the only one pointing this out while on the bus...
BinSabai likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2020, 12:20 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Originally Posted by NightFly
Are apron arrivals now a standard at ZRH?
They are not standard but more common, especially with wide-body aircraft, because the E gates are not in use and A/B have limited space to handle large aircraft.
NightFly and NightFly like this.
Old Dec 8, 2020, 12:53 am

Programs: M&M SEN**; FB Silver; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by airoli
They are not standard but more common, especially with wide-body aircraft, because the E gates are not in use and A/B have limited space to handle large aircraft.
Oh, I see. I have a 3/3 success rate in the last few weeks (shorthaul though), I was wondering what was happening, especially when the A pier was half empty. OTOH, on yesterday morning´s flight there were quite a few pax in full business attire definitely unhappy (to say the least) with apron arrival combined with slush on the ground.
Old Dec 8, 2020, 4:32 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
I have to say we had a fabulous LX92 ZRH-GRU 2 days ago. All the usual F service from pre-covid era with added attention on top. Even the ground lounge in ZRH sucked (senator with 1 type of food and unhealthy snacks), the crew went above and beyond to make the travel memorable and worth it. Best part is the maitre d' is scheduled on our return flight next week which we are very excited as he was truly excellent!
BinSabai likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2020, 1:04 am

Originally Posted by NightFly
Are apron arrivals now a standard at ZRH? Even with traffic at a fraction of former volumes? Stepping this morning in suede shoes into 5cms of slush really did not add much to my travel experience - and I was not the only one pointing this out while on the bus...
unbelievable!
passenger volumes in November fell again by over 80% in comparison to previous month. When I arrived early morning, airport was totally empty and I had to ask immigration to open the door after the automatic gates...
Old Dec 18, 2020, 4:43 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Every pax in J gets a christmas present: Chocolate.

Vegetarian meal ZRH-ARN. Tasty and filling

BinSabai and NickRivas like this.
Old Dec 18, 2020, 5:34 am

Originally Posted by florens
Every pax in J gets a christmas present: Chocolate.

Vegetarian meal ZRH-ARN. Tasty and filling
not too bad! what wines were on offer?
Old Dec 18, 2020, 8:27 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by BinSabai
not too bad! what wines were on offer?
No idea. I indulged in the usual G&Ts and Duval-Leroy champagne. Crew was superb.
BinSabai likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2021, 12:58 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Starting February 8, more restrictive rules apply to air travel in CH, so LX will implement new rules for contact registration for all travel via ZRH. This also means that boarding passes will now only be issued at the checkin counter after inspection of the relavant documents.
Old Feb 4, 2021, 2:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
So expect long check in lines and few and possibly no elite priority lanes. I thought I was going to miss the plane when I checked in for an AF flight in December. And there were more people in the priority business line than in the normal line.
florens and BinSabai like this.
Old Feb 4, 2021, 2:17 am

Originally Posted by Concerto
So expect long check in lines and few and possibly no elite priority lanes. I thought I was going to miss the plane when I checked in for an AF flight in December. And there were more people in the priority business line than in the normal line.
why should there be no special lines for F and J?
I have also nowhere read, that more restrictive rules will be put in place... any link?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.