Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Swiss / ZRH: Travel experience in during COVID [mask mandate etc]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2020, 1:12 pm

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
Wow, I did not know that, But I am still excited regardless.
LX has balik salmon instead
Old Nov 16, 2020, 2:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by daumueller
LX has balik salmon instead

Thats good enough. The flight is F AMS- BKK and the return SIN-AMS in J. I have done SWISS J before so I know what to expect
Old Nov 16, 2020, 9:54 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
that becomes the caviar thread now....I recall they served caviar many years ago, probably during Swissair (pregrounding 2001) time...but not during the last 15 years or so...
Old Nov 17, 2020, 4:15 am

Programs: LX HON, FB Platinum for life, Sixt/Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by LXA350
The inflight service is unchanged from the food offering, there are some adjustments to the service, for instance that the starters / cheese and deserts will not be served infront of you from a cart, you will make the order and your plate will be prepared in the galley.

Ground service at ZRH gives 0 benefits at this stage, the little closed off area in the SEN lounge is a joke and doesn't provide additional benefits. Not sure if and what for ground services are available at this stage at BKK though.

Bottom line, currently if someone decides to fly F it's mainly for th onboard portion, ground services / benefits within LH group are quite limited or in the case of LX non existent.
Both LH and LX, do offer ground services/benefits over the last few months. I believe there's even a special thread for this. Out of own experience, ground services (e.g. pick-up at gate) still at DXB, MEX, MIA. Both LX and/or LH.

But more interesting, how did you get into BKK? I have exactly the same route in F scheduled but postponed it to Feb 2021 now, due to the entry restrictions.
Old Nov 17, 2020, 8:02 am

Originally Posted by Nik_Jr
Both LH and LX, do offer ground services/benefits over the last few months. I believe there's even a special thread for this. Out of own experience, ground services (e.g. pick-up at gate) still at DXB, MEX, MIA. Both LX and/or LH.

But more interesting, how did you get into BKK? I have exactly the same route in F scheduled but postponed it to Feb 2021 now, due to the entry restrictions.
zero ground service for LX at their home base in ZRH (a friend of mine just flew out long haul in F and he is HON)
I got into BKK on 18. March 2020, 3 days before they closed borders. I will fly out early December and return in January (valid visa and reentry permit) and will serve the 16 days quarantine in a Bangkok ASQ-Hotel...I am not traveling for pleasure...

Last edited by BinSabai; Nov 23, 2020 at 8:05 pm
Old Nov 18, 2020, 4:08 am

Programs: LX HON, FB Platinum for life, Sixt/Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by BinSabai
zero ground service for LX at their home base in ZRH (a friend of mine just flew out long haul in F and he is HON)
I got into BKK on 18. Feb 2020, 3 days before they closed borders. I will fly out early December and return in January (valid visa and reentry permit) and will serve the 16 days quarantine in a Bangkok ASQ-Hotel...I am not traveling for pleasure...
Glad to hear reentry permits work out for this! And frankly, the LX ground services are normally already close to zero. Best you get is a little van, to get you from plane to lounge or exit; but in many cases that's not faster. Dedicated pick-ups only with a short-connection (and that is still in place...).
Old Nov 18, 2020, 6:14 am

Originally Posted by Nik_Jr
Glad to hear reentry permits work out for this! And frankly, the LX ground services are normally already close to zero. Best you get is a little van, to get you from plane to lounge or exit; but in many cases that's not faster. Dedicated pick-ups only with a short-connection (and that is still in place...).
Actually you can now enter Thailand even on a Tourist Visa...together with a 100'000 USD Covid insurance and a certificate of entry and a 14 days quarantine...

agree that ground service on arrival is poor...but departure is quite ok and if FCL is open, very good...
Old Nov 23, 2020, 5:24 am

Programs: LX HON Circle
Just did a 2 days trip to GRU on LX in C and can confirm that the service was as usual. 2/3 booked on outbound in C, 1/3 on inbound. F always completely full and Y both ways 1/3. A pretty solid SLF in current situation. Plus of course a lot of cargo.
BinSabai likes this.
Old Nov 23, 2020, 4:20 pm

Programs: LH SEN *
Originally Posted by BinSabai
I got into BKK on 18. Feb 2020, 3 days before they closed borders...
I flew HKG-BKK on 25 Feb 2020 and BKK-HKG on 29 Feb 2020 on my EU passport, so the borders can't have been closed before the end of February
Old Nov 23, 2020, 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by andywaw
I flew HKG-BKK on 25 Feb 2020 and BKK-HKG on 29 Feb 2020 on my EU passport, so the borders can't have been closed before the end of February
you are of course correct...it was 18. March 2020
Old Nov 27, 2020, 1:29 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
ZRH-ARN today. Only cold plate. Why? Because of nightstopper / galley space? 6 weeks ago it was a warm main course.

vegetarian meal
Old Nov 29, 2020, 2:56 am

Originally Posted by f4freeJunior
Just did a 2 days trip to GRU on LX in C and can confirm that the service was as usual. 2/3 booked on outbound in C, 1/3 on inbound. F always completely full and Y both ways 1/3. A pretty solid SLF in current situation. Plus of course a lot of cargo.
I'm flying to GRU on Swiss next week. Coincidentally in C

How was the check-in and boarding in ZRH?
Old Nov 29, 2020, 8:10 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
ARN-ZRH now full meal again with hot main course. I really don‘t understand the consistent inconsistency with those meals...

Pasta salad and pasta main course not ideal either.

This is the vegetarian special meal.

Old Nov 30, 2020, 11:36 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by Glarus
I'm flying to GRU on Swiss next week. Coincidentally in C

How was the check-in and boarding in ZRH?
When are you going? We are on the Saturday flight in F - would be nice to say hello to fellow FTer
Old Nov 30, 2020, 11:36 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by florens
ARN-ZRH now full meal again with hot main course. I really don‘t understand the consistent inconsistency with those meals...

Pasta salad and pasta main course not ideal either.

This is the vegetarian special meal.

I see you have been betraying BA once again The veggie meal actually doesnt look half bad to me!
florens likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.