Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Swiss / ZRH: Travel experience in during COVID [mask mandate etc]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2021, 1:47 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Takeaway champagne today as a crew gift to us in J. No status. I am impressed.

Also separate J bus in ZRH on arrival (A220-100). Amazing.

Stil likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2021, 3:16 am

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by florens
Takeaway champagne today as a crew gift to us in J. No status. I am impressed.

Also separate J bus in ZRH on arrival (A220-100). Amazing.
wow! TGIF?
Old Jul 23, 2021, 9:57 am

Originally Posted by BinSabai
wow! TGIF?
One more wow! Did they say anything about the reason?
Remember back in the day, I got a full plastic back of Nicolas Feuillatte bottles (187ml) on a SK flight as EBG. That was a one off, but I cherish the memory lol
Old Jul 23, 2021, 2:30 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

I asked for a feedback form and wrote the crew a positive feedback during descent after a great flight. This may have been the reason. Still, totally unexpected and made my day.
BinSabai likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2021, 2:38 pm

I asked for a feedback form and wrote the crew a positive feedback during descent after a great flight. This may have been the reason. Still, totally unexpected and made my day.
Yes, thats a really great gesture! I`m actually sitting smiling right now about it.
I guess that a good glass of Champagne is even going to taste better, with a nice story like that to accompany it.
Old Jul 24, 2021, 2:41 am

...and you told them, that you are going to write a POSITIVE feedback...? or you gave it to them in an open envelope and they spied on it?
Old Jul 24, 2021, 3:47 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by BinSabai
...and you told them, that you are going to write a POSITIVE feedback...? or you gave it to them in an open envelope and they spied on it?
I asked for the form during descent. I filled it out and returned it. It is likely they looked inside. I don‘t see a problem.

The crew did a fantastic job and deserved the feedback.
Old Jul 25, 2021, 1:21 am

I asked for the form during descent. I filled it out and returned it. It is likely they looked inside. I don‘t see a problem.

The crew did a fantastic job and deserved the feedback.
flattering can pay back
Old Jul 29, 2021, 7:25 pm

What is the current mask standard aboard? In particular - do they allow medical masks that are not blue? (Mine are black, fashion statement )
Old Jul 29, 2021, 11:50 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Any mask will do on LX. They even give out black LX branded masks in the F amenity kit.

https://www.swiss.com/ch/en/customer...-briefing.html

Please bring your own mask along. Please note that face shields and masks with valves are not allowed on board. Scarfs and other textiles are not accepted as substitutes
Old Jul 30, 2021, 12:47 am

"Please bring your own mask along. Please note that face shields and masks with valves are not allowed on board. Scarfs and other textiles are not accepted as substitutes"

I think the quote is a bit misleading as masks made by textile/fabrics/cloth are allowed as well...they basically accepts anything that looks like a mask...
Old Jul 30, 2021, 7:52 am

Great, thanks!
Old Aug 2, 2021, 6:33 pm

Another one - LX doesn't give slippers in J, does it? (I seem to recall they didn't but there is always hope)
Old Aug 3, 2021, 8:52 am

Programs: Delta, Marriott
Cross posted from a thread that hadn't seen updates since 2019, so apologies.

I'm flying Swiss Business (I) class on a Airbus A330 in September from EWR > ZRH.

Does anybody know what hard product is on this route (i.e. are the biz seats updated are somewhat dated?) I assume soft product is still in flux given COVID.

Anything I should consider for flight? I know I'll get United Polaris lounge access from EWR which I'm fairly excited about.
Old Aug 3, 2021, 9:51 am

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by jasonNYC85
I'm flying Swiss Business (I) class on a Airbus A330 in September from EWR > ZRH.

Does anybody know what hard product is on this route (i.e. are the biz seats updated are somewhat dated?)
Depends what you value but it sure is not Q-suites. ;-)

Fleet is consistent so you'll get what any blogger's review will tell you. E.g. https://thepointsguy.com/reviews/swi...ss-geneva-jfk/

I assume soft product is still in flux given COVID.
It's reasonably close to pre-COVID.

Anything I should consider for flight? I know I'll get United Polaris lounge access from EWR which I'm fairly excited about.
Polaris lounges are all closed with no public timeline for reopening, Extremely unlikely they will be back by September.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unit...er-2021-a.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.