Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Swiss / ZRH: Travel experience in during COVID [mask mandate etc]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2021, 4:48 pm

Programs: LH HON | UA 1K
Originally Posted by Nik_Jr
Flying LX F in a few days again. Due to popular demand I will try the burger (fingers crossed it's still available) and leave a detailed review here.

Thank me later.
And please post the menu!
Old Jun 5, 2021, 9:15 pm

Programs: TG ROP Platinum, M&M Senator, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Alisamix
And please post the menu!
menu from my recent flight in F ZRH BKK
by the way: I did not miss the burger at all
Old Jun 5, 2021, 9:17 pm

and wine
Alisamix likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2021, 12:32 pm

Programs: M&M, Fan of MO, Shangri-La.
Here's BKK-ZRH for good measure.

Balik and first courses were as good as always. The main course (not so tender kind of tenderloin) was as mediocre as always, especially from BKK.

BKK-ZRH F early May 2021

Dessert is the most important part of the meal, so I might as well start from there and go backwards....

djjaguar64, hugolover, m.y and 2 others like this.

Last edited by LoungeLizzard; Jun 6, 2021 at 12:44 pm
Old Jun 20, 2021, 11:57 pm

Programs: LX FT*
Transatlantic on LX - some q’s

Hi all,

new to the LX board, formerly TXL based, BA board (pre BER pre pandemic, once upon a time was ba gold) now ZRH.

I’m curious about recent experiences flying to the USA from ZRH. How full were flights? How did check in work? Anyone go through C&I in Boston and how long did it take? Etc. any experiences to share would be awesome.

As context I’m flying ZRH-BOS soon and curious.

Thanks!

Jessica
Old Jun 26, 2021, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
For an upcoming itinerary GVA-ZRH-GRU it seems a PCR test is required, presumably to be shown at check-in at GVA and at boarding in ZRH. Would a rapid test suffice for flying to Brazil?
Old Jun 27, 2021, 4:17 am

Programs: LX SEN
Originally Posted by Concerto
For an upcoming itinerary GVA-ZRH-GRU it seems a PCR test is required, presumably to be shown at check-in at GVA and at boarding in ZRH. Would a rapid test suffice for flying to Brazil?
Unfortunately not. You need a PCR (not older than 72h) and filling out an online form from Anvisa. Both are checked upon boarding in ZH.

Just as a side note, ZRH-GRU was cancelled yesterday after two aborted take off attempts due to faulty smoke indicator. Had to walk back to the transit desk in a very dark terminal with only one agent available to hand out hotel vouchers. Must have been quite a long night for those at the end of the rebooking line.
Old Jun 27, 2021, 4:19 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
https://swiss.travel-regulations.com...h-enabled=true

No PCR no Brazil.
Old Jun 27, 2021, 4:34 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Indeed! and note only a few languages allows with NO GERMAN/FRENCH (i need to find a way to get them to issue me an english one next time)
Old Jul 3, 2021, 2:29 pm

Just flew ORD-ZRH F on 2 July 2021. It was great food and impeccable service! Does anyone know where LX sources their crockery from??

demue, m.y, Nick Art and 1 others like this.
Old Jul 3, 2021, 4:18 pm
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by gbongc
Just flew ORD-ZRH F on 2 July 2021. It was great food and impeccable service! Does anyone know where LX sources their crockery from??

Wonderful images. They do make me wanna fly Swiss First again

As for the tableware, I believe it's from ASA Sélection, specifically the "à table" series:

https://www.asa-selection.com/de_at/geschirr/a-table/

Last edited by oliver2002; Jul 5, 2021 at 5:45 am
Old Jul 3, 2021, 9:56 pm

Originally Posted by gbongc

...and you really managed to eat all that....or you just ordered to take a picture

Last edited by oliver2002; Jul 5, 2021 at 5:45 am
Old Jul 4, 2021, 4:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Guys, a bit of a tricky one here. The ticket has been totally cancelled with no warning given. Inputting the PNR yields a "deleted" message (the SWISS site does not let you search using the ticket number). The call center is a disaster, you can't even join a queue, it just chucks you out and says to call back later. What a disgrace, especially the lack of info.

What to do? Any suggestions? Departure is tomorrow night, 5th July. To clarify, it is a best friend who has found themselves in this situation. My suggestion was to get herself down to Geneva airport this afternoon and see if she can speak to someone at the ticket desk...if anyone is there.
Old Jul 4, 2021, 5:15 am

Originally Posted by BinSabai
...and you really managed to eat all that....or you just ordered to take a picture
Not quite! I split the main course and dessert
BinSabai likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2021, 6:50 am

Programs: M&M, Fan of MO, Shangri-La.
Guys, a bit of a tricky one here. The ticket has been totally cancelled with no warning given. Inputting the PNR yields a "deleted" message (the SWISS site does not let you search using the ticket number). The call center is a disaster, you can't even join a queue, it just chucks you out and says to call back later. What a disgrace, especially the lack of info.

What to do? Any suggestions? Departure is tomorrow night, 5th July. To clarify, it is a best friend who has found themselves in this situation. My suggestion was to get herself down to Geneva airport this afternoon and see if she can speak to someone at the ticket desk...if anyone is there.
If all attempts to call LX via phone fail, your friend could still try to call LH to ask what they see.
LH contact Switzerland: +41 435 478 631
Otherwise I'd also try to go to the nearest airport ticket office to sort it out.

When I look on expertflyer, I do not find LX92 departing tomorrow, July 5th.
Maybe there was a mail about the schedule change / rebooking that got lost somewhere, and that could have caused the cancellation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.