Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help w/ Swiss flights operated by Helvetic!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2013, 8:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: miles & more
Status and award miles - Swiis flight on Helvetica ZRH - BRI

I flew about 2 weeks ago Zurich to Bari on Swiss operated by Helvetica. Haven't received miles yet. Does anybody know how it works? Should I get status as well as award miles?

Last edited by detraveller2013; Apr 20, 2013 at 8:21 am
Old Apr 20, 2013, 9:00 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

Welcome to FlyerTalk.

I have moved your question from the broad MilesBuzz forum to our dedicated Swiss forum where someone is surd to have taken a similar flight.
cruzcap likes this.
Old Apr 20, 2013, 11:01 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Welcome to FT, detraveller2013!

I haven't flown this particular route but if I try a dummy booking on swiss.com it's clear that I should receive award and status miles on this flight. If it is over 14 days since the flight I suggest you complete an online mileage request form. Log into your M&M account and select Mileage Request. I think you are supposed to attach a scanned copy of your boarding pass.
Old Apr 20, 2013, 11:12 am

Programs: A3*G, IB
This is not a wetlease but a real codeshare operated (and also sold by) Helvetic Airways. As they are not a *A partner, you should not get any miles at all.

Consulting the M&M page you can see that your flt no does not comply with:

*On selected LX code share flights within the ranges LX4220-LX4239, LX4270-LX4279, LX4600-LX4639 und LX8000-LX8499 you are earning award miles only. Status miles, HON Circle miles and Executive Bonus are not being granted on these flights.

Example: On Edelweiss flights with code share ranges LX8000-LX8499 you are earning award miles according to your booking class (see mileage overview).

Last edited by EAPflyer; Apr 20, 2013 at 11:19 am
Old Apr 20, 2013, 12:50 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Unfortunately EAPflyer may be right. The flight in question is LX4820 (Operated by HELVETIC AIRWAYS) and does not fall in the ranges listed.

However, small print on the booking site warns that: 'This is a codeshare flight. Please click on the flight number for more details. For special services and luggage the conditions of the operating carrier apply. As a Miles & More member, check your miles credit here, under the particular airline. Members of other programmes are asked to contact the issuing airline.'

As I wrote earlier during the booking process it looks as if you can earn miles. If this is a codeshare and does not earn M&M miles why can't LX be more upfront and say so? How are we supposed to know that some flights marked as 'Operated by HELVETIC AIRWAYS' are wetlease and therefore earn both award and status miles (I often fly on LX391 and LX380 which are 'Operated by HELVETIC AIRWAYS') but others don't?

Why is it not possible to list a range or ranges of flight numbers which are codeshare and therefore do not earn M&M award or status miles.
Old Apr 20, 2013, 1:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: miles & more
Dear EAPflyer
Can you please give me the link to the M&M page where the information appears?

Thanks
Old Apr 20, 2013, 1:21 pm

I'm not EAPflyer but this is the page with the information.

https://www.miles-and-more.com/onlin...l=en&cid=18002

However, information on this page is incomplete since LX4820 is not covered.
Old Apr 20, 2013, 4:00 pm

Programs: A3*G, IB
Well, for me that just means that there are no miles if flight number is not covered by this list.

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
As I wrote earlier during the booking process it looks as if you can earn miles. If this is a codeshare and does not earn M&M miles why can't LX be more upfront and say so? How are we supposed to know that some flights marked as 'Operated by HELVETIC AIRWAYS' are wetlease and therefore earn both award and status miles (I often fly on LX391 and LX380 which are 'Operated by HELVETIC AIRWAYS') but others don't?

Why is it not possible to list a range or ranges of flight numbers which are codeshare and therefore do not earn M&M award or status miles.
I completely agree with you. There are even exceptions for non *A-codeshares such as flights to TLV op by El Al, on which you can get bonus miles but not status miles (they fall under the flt no ranges mentionned in the list). But this is only for M&M, and you would get no miles at all with any other *A FFP. Really confusing.

All this goes back to the fact that *A gives miles according to the operating carrier, while for example OW would give miles of the marketing airline.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by EAPflyer
All this goes back to the fact that *A gives miles according to the operating carrier, while for example OW would give miles of the marketing airline.
And in this sense OW is correct- the customer purchases based on the marketing airline and often does not even know who the operating airline is.
Old Aug 30, 2014, 2:12 am

Programs: No more shiny cards -- former LH SEN, SPG Platinum, Flying Blue Platinum, BA Silver
Swiss wetleases 4 x E190 [op by Helvetic/2L] to replace Avros

Spotted this on another site

http://www.airliners.net/aviation-fo....main/6167218/

It will be nice to see the E jets in LX colours
Old Aug 30, 2014, 3:44 am

Programs: A3 Gold, LH FTL
Originally Posted by pdsuk

Aww , I liked the relatively spacious A seats on the early morning MUC-ZRH Avro hop.
Old Aug 30, 2014, 7:27 am

Programs: LX HON***, FB Silver, BA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt GP, Hertz Gold, GHA Black

looking forward to it ^
Old Aug 30, 2014, 8:16 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
As helvetic is buying the planes and wet-leasing them to LX, I would expect them to have the helvetic livery, just like the Fokkers today.
Old Aug 30, 2014, 10:32 am

Programs: LX HON***, FB Silver, BA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt GP, Hertz Gold, GHA Black
Originally Posted by goliath
As helvetic is buying the planes and wet-leasing them to LX, I would expect them to have the helvetic livery, just like the Fokkers today.
For me this does not really matter. The experience I have wth Helvetic was always good. Service sometimes more friendly than LX staff
Old Aug 30, 2014, 10:38 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
It does not matter to me either and I also did enjoy the helvetic service on the few flights I took with them on LX flight numbers.

I was just pointing out that the chance is probably slim that we are going to see "E jets in LX colours" (if the OP's wording was meant to describe the new planes' livery).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.