Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GVA lounges... [merged Geneva lounge thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2018, 8:53 am

Programs: LH Miles&More, TP Miles&Go Silver
I'm flying LX and TP in C next Saturday via GVA with a 3.5 hour layover and I don't have any status.
What are my options to have a quiet time at GVA, if any?
Old Nov 29, 2018, 9:49 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by TAP-A343
I'm flying LX and TP in C next Saturday via GVA with a 3.5 hour layover and I don't have any status.
What are my options to have a quiet time at GVA, if any?
None. Seems you are out of luck. You will, however, receive a drink and food voucher at the C Lounge entrance.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 9:52 am
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by MichielR

Confirm no hot food.

Opening of the renovated F/SEN lounges is foreseen for mid December. But subject to the usual caveats.

Here is a pic of the temporary F corner in the new C lounge.

Note: The furniture seen in the picture is the same that can be found in the new LX Business and Senator Lounge A. (The sofa in the quiet area and table in the seating area next to the food stand).
Old Nov 29, 2018, 11:11 am

Programs: LX SEN
It looks like you will have no lounge, just a voucher for a juice and snack.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 5:04 pm

Thanks for your answers. I find this situation unacceptable.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 2:13 am

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
Thanks for your answers. I find this situation unacceptable.
If lounge access if your primary reason for flying C, why don’t you reroute via another hub? I personally avoid GVA at the best of times, especially in winter..!
Old Nov 30, 2018, 3:48 am

Originally Posted by vantage03

If lounge access if your primary reason for flying C, why don’t you reroute via another hub? I personally avoid GVA at the best of times, especially in winter..!
I bought this Business Saver ticket before the lounge renovations started at GVA. So I can't reroute via another hub. I usually fly via FRA or MUC with LH and yes, lounge access is one the main reasons for me to fly C on intra-European flights with connections.

The only silver lining is that I'll be flying on the lovely CS300, oops I mean the A220-300.

Last edited by TAP-A343; Nov 30, 2018 at 6:59 am
Old Nov 30, 2018, 6:06 am

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
The only silver lining is that I'll be flying on the lovely CS300, oops I mean the A220-300.
Definitely the best shorthaul aircraft in the LH Group fleet for business class
Old Dec 6, 2018, 11:31 am
YUL

Programs: SPG Gold / IHG Spire / Emerald Executive Elite
Originally Posted by vantage03
Definitely the best shorthaul aircraft in the LH Group fleet for business class
Speaking of which, has LX regained some market share in GVA since the arrival of the CS100/300?
Old Dec 7, 2018, 3:36 am
GVA

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, BA Silver, Aegean Gold, Aeroplan 25k, AA EXP
Originally Posted by YUL
Speaking of which, has LX regained some market share in GVA since the arrival of the CS100/300?
Probably not given they have gone from 180 seat A320s to 145 seat CS300s and that easyJet have upgauged 2 319s to 320s.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 1:58 pm
YUL

Programs: SPG Gold / IHG Spire / Emerald Executive Elite
Originally Posted by GVA
Probably not given they have gone from 180 seat A320s to 145 seat CS300s and that easyJet have upgauged 2 319s to 320s.
That's regrettable then.
I recall hearing the LX GVA station head saying he hoped the CSeries to be a game changer for LX in GVA. Including obtaining better yields.

I guess it didn't reverse the fortune of LX then, and that the market erosion in favor of the LCCs still continue.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 6:06 pm

Originally Posted by YUL
That's regrettable then.
I recall hearing the LX GVA station head saying he hoped the CSeries to be a game changer for LX in GVA. Including obtaining better yields.

I guess it didn't reverse the fortune of LX then, and that the market erosion in favor of the LCCs still continue.
Not exactly. LX is now profitable in GVA, approx CHF 10 million for 2018. Low, but the goal was so stop the losses.

Now they'd like to get more aircrafts on site (and this includes a possible new long haul route).

So in passenger number they are not gaining yet but the C series are definitely giving results.
YUL likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2018, 6:32 pm

Where would be the next/logical long-haul route from GVA for LX?
Old Dec 8, 2018, 5:19 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Back on topic: the F and SEN lounges in GVA have reopened today and the renovated C lounge is now open to C pax.

The biggest change is in the SEN lounge, with more seating, especially along the “window” with a long row of barstools. A bit like the LCY workspaces, I would say. I will leave it to one of the more frequent visitors to judge whether it is improved, it looks a lot lighter and more spacious to me.

In the F lounge there are new carpets, new sofas will come in the new year. And they have removed the small magazine cupboard between the dining tables and the workstations, to create a bit more space in the dining area. And the most impactful change: a new coffee machine. That’s it. And, of course, hot food will be back soon, just some start-up issues today.

Last edited by MichielR; Dec 8, 2018 at 5:26 am
Old Dec 8, 2018, 5:27 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,

Spot the difference...
chris63 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.