Wiki Posts
Search

Coffee machines in ZRH Senator lounge

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2019, 10:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Coffee machines in ZRH Senator lounge

Is it my imagination, or have they changed something with the coffee machines in the last few weeks? The Latte Macchiato and Cappuccino seem more watery than before.

First they enhance away the lindt choccies and now this.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 1:26 pm

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
My 6.30am latte macchiato yesterday was up to spec.
Old Feb 13, 2019, 1:50 pm
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Regarding the lindt chocolates, there is now a bottle with "mini" squared SWISS chocolates.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 4:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I have yet to find an airline lounge coffee machine that pleases me. But I am one of those that find the only really drinkable coffee in the world is found in Italy. Which is not strictly true of course, but I did get drunk on several espressos yesterday while I was briefly down in Domodossola (which made me feel like dancing on the roof of the train on the way back). On the other hand, the Hilton Garden Inn at Rome FCO airport had Nespresso machines at the breakfast. What???? How can the Italians have that chemical rubbish???

On Monday, I was able to get a palatable coffee from the machines in CDG Terminal 2F before my Air France flight (I chose the Americano option, which I usually avoid). It was good enough that I had a second one. Par contre, their espresso option, in those ridiculous flat cups, was like dog pee. In the Lufthansa lounges in Germany, I just avoid the coffee, it's universally awful.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 4:46 am

Originally Posted by Concerto
the Hilton Garden Inn at Rome FCO airport had Nespresso machines at the breakfast. What???? How can the Italians have that chemical rubbish???
Not to sidetrack this, but Nespresso capsules contain nothing but ground coffee, and use nothing but water.

These ugly Nescafé machines so prevalent in southern countries, though, are truly awful and the ingredients funky
lightwalker likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 4:47 am

edited

Last edited by airoli; Feb 14, 2019 at 4:47 am Reason: dupe
Old Feb 14, 2019, 4:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Let's get back to the coffee machines in Senator lounges. This is a question that I have had for some time. Are those coffee machines in the Senator lounges any better than those you get in the Business FTL lounges, which I get access to?
Old Feb 14, 2019, 6:17 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Let's get back to the coffee machines in Senator lounges. This is a question that I have had for some time. Are those coffee machines in the Senator lounges any better than those you get in the Business FTL lounges, which I get access to?
No, the same.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 8:34 am

Programs: LX SEN
On the other hand, the Hilton Garden Inn at Rome FCO airport had Nespresso machines at the breakfast. What???? How can the Italians have that chemical rubbish???
To my view, the Nespresso system is the only machine capable of pouring a decent espresso. All other machines, including those the the LH-group lounges, cannot be used for espressos, but only with coffee with milk.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 1:23 pm

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by Nic33
To my view, the Nespresso system is the only machine capable of pouring a decent espresso. All other machines, including those the the LH-group lounges, cannot be used for espressos, but only with coffee with milk.
I have to give LX some credit, though, for having machines with decaf beans. (as opposed to LH)

Don‘t think the espresso is terrible from the machines at the LX SEN lounge and would overall prefer it to the total environmental disaster called nespresso.
Old Feb 14, 2019, 1:30 pm

Programs: LX Senator; AF Platinum and Club 2000; AA Platinum for life (former EXP)
I have no quarrel with the espresso machines. I do find that when I make up a latte, that I add at least one double espresso to the mix to bring it up to strength. But I order "an extra shot" from coffee bars, so no problem with the machine; I just like my latte's strong.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 8:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

In the Lufthansa lounges in Germany, I just avoid the coffee, it's universally awful.
So you don’t rate the barista coffee in the FRA and MUC lounges? I realise you’re not Star Gold/SEN but the A26 lounge is FTL and has a barista bar.

LH barista bars consistently have very good coffee. There are two blends in the grinder on offer and one pre-ground decaf. All Lavazza.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Actually, I am really very rarely in FRA so I missed that. Thanks for the info! As for MUC, I transit 2 or 3 times a year and I didn't notice a barista in the FTL Business lounge (a lounge I think is pretty good IMO). I will gladly check it out next time!
Old Feb 17, 2019, 5:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Happy to be corrected but I’m not sure it’s a feature of the Biz lounges in MUC. Definitely at A26 though.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 11:56 pm

Programs: LX SEN
Originally Posted by hugolover

LH barista bars consistently have very good coffee. There are two blends in the grinder on offer and one pre-ground decaf. All Lavazza.
Correct. the LH espresso from man operated machines are quite good.

When you are refering to A26, I assume that it is in FRA, correct? But I never noticed any man operated coffee machine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.