FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Swiss International Air Lines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/swiss-international-air-lines-502/)
-   -   Swiss International Air Lines joins TSA PreCheck (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/swiss-international-air-lines/1925550-swiss-international-air-lines-joins-tsa-precheck.html)

mtfitzgerald Nov 7, 2014 7:25 pm

Directed to TSA Pre in SFO this evening

Flying home on LX39 an hour from now. Just went through security and was directed to the TSA Pre side. (I only have a Swiss passport.) I asked why and the relevant lady said it was random. Much faster of course, since you don't have to take off shoes or jacket, and your PC can stay in its case. Anyone else seen this?

Maurice

sfoeuroflyer Nov 7, 2014 9:24 pm

This must be brand new

I have TSA Pre. Until now I have only been able to use it on departures for US airlines on domestic routes. There has been no TSA Pre at SFO for international flights (and I take the SWISS flight extremely often; last departure was the beginning of Oct and there was no TSA Pre lane at that time). So if you just saw it, then it is something that has just been rolled out.

daumueller Nov 8, 2014 6:30 am

Directed to TSA Pre in SFO this evening

It was probably not on your BP but they just sent you there? Have observed that a couple of Times now. Afaik, official Precheck is still on US airlines only (but has been extended to intl flights a while ago).

kooks Nov 8, 2014 8:22 am

2 weeks ago I was flying LX39 also and also got the TSA pre side.
Was flying F class... maybe that is why....
In any case ... was much much faster ;-)

TRAVELSIG Nov 10, 2014 6:01 am

Originally Posted by mtfitzgerald (Post 23809187)
Flying home on LX39 an hour from now. Just went through security and was directed to the TSA Pre side. (I only have a Swiss passport.) I asked why and the relevant lady said it was random. Much faster of course, since you don't have to take off shoes or jacket, and your PC can stay in its case. Anyone else seen this?

Maurice

It is random. There is typically a machine where you push a button and depending on the arrow you are allowed to use Pre (yes or no). I have seen this at a few of the larger USA airports now. I don't know how the decision is made to offer/not offer this service however it seems it is based on the queue times. The first time I experienced this was in January of this year and have seen it a few times since. Passport origin is not (officially at least anyway) a factor.

Congrats on an easier and faster clearance.

mtfitzgerald Nov 10, 2014 8:37 am

Seemed to be just a woman holding an iPad, making the selections, quite possibly random. She stood just behind the lady directing people into the priority or ordinary lanes.

Going out there again next week and will report back. Going home via Munich, but that should not make a difference.

weero Nov 10, 2014 10:00 am

Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG (Post 23818743)
It is random. There is typically a machine where you push a button and depending on the arrow you are allowed to use Pre..

Maybe for LX.

I was an fat enough idiot to fly a lot UA the last 3 months and out of 8 screenings, I got TSApre 8 times. If we assume that the chance to get pre is 1 in 5, then this should happen in 0.000256% of all passengers.

But maybe UA has the discretion to give this to their 2 Million miler victims en lieu of drinks, decent food, a bearable seat, and RDMs of any value.

train lover Nov 10, 2014 2:43 pm

I got hit in Zurich (July 21) on my way back to LA......

Trainlover

weero Nov 10, 2014 11:38 pm

Originally Posted by train lover (Post 23821461)
I got hit in Zurich (July 21) on my way back to LA......

Trainlover

By a train?

sfoeuroflyer Aug 14, 2018 8:18 am

TSA Pre-check Update

From a reliable source in Zurich, I am told that LX is now testing its TSA Pre-check system and that testing and roll out is planned for the end of the month of August. Hoooray !!!!!!!!!

N830MH Aug 16, 2018 1:03 pm

Swiss International Air Lines joins TSA PreCheck

Hi all,

Swiss International Air Lines has been added TSA PreCheck.

https://www.tsa.gov/news/releases/20...r-tsa-precheck

German Expat Aug 16, 2018 1:13 pm

TSA just announced Swiss finally joined TSA pre.

sfoeuroflyer Aug 16, 2018 2:42 pm

Yes!!!!! I had been told by a source in Zurich that it was coming before the end of August. Finally.

Nick Art Aug 16, 2018 3:07 pm

• TSA PreCheck is so awesome, even bancrupt airlines become part of it!
  • Good luck trying to buy that Swissair Ticket though!
  • It is rumored that the next airlines to join TSA Pre Check are PanAm as well as Sabena.

Nick Art Aug 16, 2018 3:16 pm

TSA uses old Swissair Logo to represent SWISS in recent pre check announcement

Tbh, this deserves its own thread. This is to damn hilarious.
What an utter failure:https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...1004f49bb.jpeg
  • TSA PreCheck is so awesome, even bancrupt airlines become part of it!
  • Altough it might provide difficult to actually buy a Swissair ticket...
  • It is rumored that the next airlines to join TSA Pre Check are PanAm as well as Sabena.
I‘m not sure if I should be laughing or crying...